1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mlife: FP during consecutive bookings (Hotel+Corporate)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by HOSKITE, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOSKITE

HOSKITE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

booked a 2-night hotel offer at the Aria and – after the usual 72h break – another three comped nights at the Bellagio as an mlife-offer (BTW: Noted on previous occasions that the 72h-rule is not enforced in this combination of property-specific and corporate offers).

Both offers came with 175 in FP and were booked during the Winter-offers period.

When trying to claim the second FP @ the Bellagio however, the lady at the mlife-desk said that it had already been used and mentioned that this happened “all the time”. … well, it didn’t happen to me yet.
    Tried to explain that I had two seperate offers but she would have none of it. She did not appear very knowledgeable but found a quick workaround: Used one of my next offer codes to generate “fresh” FP.

My Corporate spring-offer is now gone. It does not matter to me, 'cause being from Europe I only come over once a year, but I wonder how this would affect future offers: Now I used three offers for one trip … kind of...

Furthermore "wasting" offers for just for the FP, without specifically mentioning it in the process might be really annoying for the more frequent visitor.

As I said above, this happened to me for the first time. System glitch? Mlife rep’s fault?

I am sure you will be able to provide more accurate info than she did ;-))

Thanks and best regards from Germany
    HK

2. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's always the case. Even though different hotel offer has different code, they are the same offer in fact.
    Glad she could use the next offer to give your FP. Usually no.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, a true property specific offer ALWAYS has better FP & RC.
    If it's the same as corp offer, is not a true property offer.
    Also the booking date and valid period always different.
    IF it doesn't pass these 2 tests, 99.999% it is the corp offer, regardless who send it or how they word it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know this was always true.

When hotels were doing property-specific offers with different terms than the Corporate offers, they were still both considered MLife offers and you had to have 72 hours between them and they wouldn't give you the freeplay/RC from both if the offers were within the same offer cycle.

This question used to come up a lot on this and other boards a few years ago but I hadn't seen it brought up in a long time, mainly I figure because most people knew about it.

MLife should be more clear about the freeplay policy somehow.

The number of offers you "used up" shouldn't really have any effect on what you get in the future - whatever your play level was on the most recent trip should have the biggest effect. You'll probably get a refreshed offer next month.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  5. HOSKITE

HOSKITE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for your replies, JeJas and Chuck.

I am not a real Vegas Veteran: 8 Trips so far and only 6 of them comped, but I already noticed many iconcistencies in how MGM handles comps. That's why I keep asking ... and learning.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the many problems with MLife is that just when you think you have a handle on how they do things, they swerve in some other direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.