1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Bellagio March 24th to 28th

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sogi311, Dec 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogi311

    sogi311 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Messages:
    199
    Location:
    Raleigh
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    I wanted to see if this board could help me out. I am heading to Vegas 3/24 and checking out on the 28th. I stayed at Bellagio last month, my first trip in 20 months due to Covid. My 3 night stay at Bellagio was comped and I booked at least 90 days out
    I earned roughly 18000 tier credits and am 2000 credits from pearl

    When I booked for my upcoming March trip Bellagio was two nights comped, then Friday and Saturday were about $79 per night so I booked Aria as it is fully comped. Truth is I would rather stay at Bellagio but now that I have my reservation I don’t get accurate prices.
    I know it will vary from different players but was hoping some people near my current sapphire status so I can make a decision if I want to cancel my current reservation and try to book Bellagio instead

    Any help/ advice is appreciated.
     
  2. fugsworth

    fugsworth VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1,332
    Location:
    Orange County, CA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    40
    Everybody's situation is so different (even people who have similar TC amounts to yours) that I doubt you'll get reliable information. I would suggest that you call MLife reservations and ask what offer/rate would be available if you switched. They have a greater degree of visibility into that sort of thing, and often can access better deals than you see on your profile.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Basil

    Basil VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2013
    Messages:
    2,764
    Location:
    PVD
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    13
    Like @fugsworth said,it's worth calling. However, if I have this math right (and look to those more knowledgeable around here to check my work):

    18,000 tier points = 1800 base points. Assuming it was all from slot play, then it's $3 coin in per base point, so $5,400 coin in. If we assume a 10% hold, then you have a theoretical loss (theo) of $540. As a rule of thumb, 30% of your theo would be available to you as comps. That works out to ~$160.

    So basically, from your play from October (this doesn't account for any previous play you've had at the casino), you should be able to get about $160 worth of rooms comped total. The list price of a room at Bellagio for those dates average $200+/night. While the "comp value" of a room is generally less than the public rate, it's not that much less.

    The end result of all of this? Unless you have a lot more history with MLife (which it sounds like you might), your October play alone is probably not enough to get you 4 nights comped at Bellagio. That said, Aria for those dates averages $133/night, so your October play isn't really enough to get 4 nights comped there, either. Again, I'm guessing that your history is playing into this. Give MLife a call and see what they have to offer, but you may already be getting a good deal at Aria.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ReTriggerMe

    ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2020
    Messages:
    2,799
    Location:
    San Francisco East Bay
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    24
    Call, as recommended.
     
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chuck2009x

    Chuck2009x VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    11,308
    Location:
    Boston
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    27
    Tier has nothing to do with it.

    Aria retail prices:
    upload_2020-12-15_10-58-49.png

    Bellagio retail prices:
    upload_2020-12-15_10-58-2.png

    The reason you can't get Bellagio comped for the 26th and 27th is because the underlying room price is too high for your play level. They're willing to comp you $185/$240 but not $279/$300.

    What you could do is start keeping an eye on the Bellagio retail prices for the 26th and 27th. Go to the Bellagio site once a day while you're not logged in, and check. If they drop down closer to what Aria's charging now, you may have a shot.

    If the price drop happens, I'd probably call to rebook. You should be safe just cancelling Aria and booking Bellagio, but it wouldn't be a sure thing.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sogi311

    sogi311 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Messages:
    199
    Location:
    Raleigh
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    Just as a follow up I did call today and they told me in order to check my price Bellagio I would first need to cancel me aria reservation.

    I guess I am sticking with Aria
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.