1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage upgrade to Resort Tower?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by MattyVegas, Sep 9, 2021.

1. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 3 night stay at the Mirage for this weekend using my mlife offer which is Thursday night comped and Friday/Saturday discounted rate. I have the Resort King room. Is it worth standing in line to try and get an upgrade (paid if necessary) to a Resort Tower room with the larger bath tub? I’ll be getting arriving around 9pm tonight. Or should I not bother and just do the mobile checkin?

2. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you care about the size of the bathroom, or separate elevators? The room itself is the same for the tower, but the tower has bigger bathrooms (the standard bathrooms are small, which I don’t care about, but many others on the board do). They also use the higher level elevators which have fewer floors per elevator bank so that can be a little easier. Also, they are on higher floors which may be appealing as well.
    Depends on how important any of those things are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rourou

rourou Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure if the tub in Resort Tower is larger than in the regular King room, but the Resort Tower bathroom itself is larger and has two sinks vs. one in regular King. I think that plus the elevators as mentioned above, are the only real differences to the rooms.

4. Second_To_None

Second_To_None Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at Mirage for first time in a few weeks and am wondering the same thing as OP. Slightly bigger bathroom is important to me.

Debating if should call in advance and try to get a Resort Tower room or request an upgrade while checking in - if, at all, possible.

5. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry what I meant was, do you think it’s possible to get the upgrade? It’s worth it to me. I just don’t want to stand in line and get a no. I guess it depends on if they have availability. I’m willing to pay extra. The room type was not offered when I made the reservation using my Mlife offer.

6. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would give it a shot unless the line was so big that it will cut into your winning time too much. Small bathrooms kinda suck.

One Last Trip for the Year
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t mind waiting in line. I know some places will offer upgrades for a fee. So we’ll see.

8. Packeral

Packeral Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don’t mind paying extra I would call and see what they can do for you before check in. They may out of rooms especially on the weekend. Also. Those rooms are worth it just because they have their own elevators.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I stayed at Mirage, they sent an email offer for a $25/night upgrade to a Tower room. It was worth it for the fast elevators, nice views and larger bathroom. The walk in shower was the thing I really wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Second_To_None

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here!

I received a confirmation email when I booked the room but nothing about upgrade options :(. Similar to @MattyVegas I had no option to select different room booking via my MLife offer.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes there will not be any upgrade options. Reason? Because they are booked or close to booking. Happens especially on weekend when they are busy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stay at Mandalay Bay. Their bathrooms are all huge.

I’m a low roller. I can get 4 comp nights, but only in the standard rooms at the mid level properties. The tiny bathrooms are literally the main reason I don’t stay at Mirage. I don’t want to get out of the shower and trip over the toilet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. MattyVegas

MattyVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not able to get the Resort Tower room for 3 nights. I offered to pay as well. They said they were all taken. It is a busy weekend so understandable. Regular room is fine though for me. First time staying here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Second_To_None

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My initial MLife offer was for comp in Resort King Sun 9/26, Mon 9/27, Tue 9/28.

I called reservations and was quoted the following for changing room type to Tower room during my stay:

Sun 9/26 = $76
    Mon 9/27 = comp
    Tue 9/28 = comp

The reservations person said the alternative to paying the $76 is for her to make a note in the preferences for a tower room and, if available at check-in time, would get one but NO GUARANTEE!
    It averages out to just about $25 per night and confirmed I can use my express comps for this additional charge along with resort fees etc - BONUS!!!!!:woohoo:
    Since I have enough express comps (earned at Borgata in AC) to cover I figured I would just accept the additional charge.

A few weeks away from Vegas - last trip was 2018. Even the wife is getting excited about the upcoming trip now :wiggle: