1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage reservation for Aug 20-23 moved to Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by buttnugget, Jul 30, 2020.

1. buttnugget

buttnugget Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems Mirage won't open as promised August 6th.

On the plus side they moved me to Aria for the same price, so there's a definite silver lining for me!

I feel bad for all of my friends who work at Mirage. They keep getting strung along. My bartender friend says she's now hearing August 26th as their new opening date.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't love this "bartender friend" sourcing, as I prefer to hear from the property or a reliable news source, but ....

Checking the Mirage website, the booking calendar is blocked off until Aug 27th.

Mirage.JPG

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  3. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what’s its worth, my Mirage host called our house phone to tell us the “Mirage won’t be open for the foreseeable future”
    And if we still want to come out for our August 12-16 trip, he will put us up at any MGM property we would like.

4. Michael menarry

Michael menarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got an email on thursday too. Aug 25-28th. Was mirage, now aria.

Our first time staying at the Aria, will be a change. 3 night comp, paying resort fees. Email said price, resort fees and incentives would be the same.

M.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just from someone who is good friends with someone on the front lines who has spent a lot of time working with other experts to find out the areas of greatest risk, the low ceilings and old air conditioning system says Mirage isn't a good option to open before it gets a lot cooler. Recirculated air in a smaller area is a very bad thing.

My friend is an RN with advanced degrees and her advice is to avoid spending a long amount of time in any place with a large population of people you don't know that's air conditioned. She's a great friend, but her view is, if you want to come over and hang out by the pool, come on over, if you want to hang out in the house, GFY.

Aria has great air handling systems that were designed to get rid of smoke.

6. Michael menarry

Michael menarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never really thought of celing height, but makes sense. Couple of CET properties are relatively low ceiling places too.

Anyone know the current incidental hold fir the Aria? Is it still $150/night or has it increased recently?

M.

7. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to my host, opening date is now Thursday, August 27.

8. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I talked to my host a few days ago and he told me the same thing and also said not to worry as he would put us wherever we wanted if there was another delay. He told me one part of the delay was the fact the Mirage has pulled all slots off the floor and was redoing the floor so there was a 6 ft space between all machines.
    So all we can do is hope they do open on the 27th as that's the day we are arriving
    By any chance is your hosts initials WH--just curious.

Rebooked Trip-Mirage for 7 nts
    • Like Like x 1
  9. slurpees

slurpees Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Part of the reason they may have removed all slots from the floor was Mirage was one of the two hotels (with Park MGM) slated to be hotels in the NHL bubble if they'd gone to Vegas. MGM kept those two closed since the NHL was going to completely buy out both buildings and the league requested that there be no gaming.

10. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'm glad that didn't happen. The Mirage is one of my favorite places- and centrally located within walking distance to almost everything.

11. Michael menarry

Michael menarry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Answering my own question- still $150.

Top tip- if you need hotel info, email the concierge, not reservations.
    M.

• Informative Informative x 1