1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Milfe comp room question?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tammy58, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never book the offers I am sent because they are for standard rooms and we like to book the suites. If I have an offer for 3 nights complimentary in a deluxe room and I call their "special" number that accompanies it....over the phone can I pay an upcharge for a better room/suite? I lose out on the resort credit and free play due to the way I book my rooms. At checkout mlife does treat me well as far as knocking off a large chunk of my paid suite. I am guessing because I do not take advantage of their offers. Just curious, I don't want to sound like an idiot even over the phone.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who cares what you sound like on the phone? Get the room you enjoy for the price you want. You won't necessarily lose out on any additional benefits but make sure to ask about that specifically. I've called to change dates of my stays and when they rebook me I make sure to get it stated if I'm still keeping any additional perks like a free play, resort credit, etc so that I'm not surprised when I check in.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M Life will NOT let you do that - believe me I wish they would. There's 2 ways to get around around that. Hope a suite is available when you get there - where they will let you upgrade. The other involves a host. I have twice now, once at the Mirage and once at the MGM Grand, got a host to comp me one night in a suite vs. 3 in a regular room.

4. Tammy58

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well now I know. LOL. I don't mind missing out on freeplay and resort credit when they do well by me at checkout. Like I said my offers are always for deluxe rooms, my last trip we had a pay for 4 nights MC Diamond Suite and in the end I only paid for 1 night plus they removed 3 nights resort fee and some food. Better deal in the end then if I booked one of their offers.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't book an offer and get a suite via an upcharge, but you should be able to book a suite under the offer, get the freeplay and/or resort credit and still have the MLife Tier discount applied. When I click on an offer on the MLife website, and put in dates, it always shows me all the room types and prices (with Tier Discount). Standard rooms show COMP and other room types show the discounted price.

And as Josie said, sometimes you can barter with a host, maybe get one free night in the suite instead of three, and then pay for the other two nights. I've done that, it was a couple of years ago though.

6. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I had that same thought when booking my Aria stay and they wouldn't let me do it. On the computer, it seemed to let you do it - until you got so far. I tried booking the offer - and chose the sky suite as the room type (showing a dollar amount) - after that I got the following:

The offer you selected is not available for these dates. We have provided you an alternate offer or the best available rate.

So I called, and they said no, you can't do that. If you booked it, you would just be booking rooms with the tier discount.

Now that's not to say someone else might not get completely different results when calling, but that's what I was told.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah crap. I never went all the way through the booking process. Thanks for the tip.

8. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe i'm not understanding the question properly but I've done what she's asking at least 3 times over the past year. First thing you need is a host, then when they send me the offer I just called the host up with my offer and request an upgrade, which I pay a little extra for. The host then add the Freepoint Play to my offer. I did this just 3 weeks ago. I had an offer of 3 free nights in a standard room, i was able to bump it up to a suite on the 26th floor of the Mirage for a very little amount added on. Not sure if that's because it was considered a somewhat slow period, but I've even done this during busy times, EDC and the Rodeo were in town, and had no problem.

9. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really all depends on your host I guess. In both of my cases, this was the only time I've dealt with either of these hosts - so maybe if you have a relationship with them, they are more flexible.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What sort of freeplay or food offers are you giving up? if $50... no big deal. If $500, well...

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my next offer comes in I'm hoping the host will allow me to pay a small upgrade fee over the normal room that I'm given. Is this a normal thing? It won't hurt to ask regardless but has anyone had luck?

12. Tammy58

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 I would be booking the offer in a flash. Anywhere from $25 - $100 in resort credit generally. I guess as long as I am content at checkout with what they deduct I will stick with what I've been doing. I have been very pleased so far. Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I will call next time just to see what they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.