1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mid-20's - Which comp stay for a decent pool?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lastkaii, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a mid-20s guy and am heading to Vegas for a quick trip (3 nights in August) for solo clubbing. Looking for advice on which of these properties have a good pool as I can comp all 5:

Flamingo
    Harrahs
    Paris
    Ballys
    LINQ

2. ConnieKeen

ConnieKeen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flaningo if a pool is the most important factor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Flamingo is the only halfway decent pool of those five. But since you are town to go clubbing, be aware that none of those five are really party pools.

4. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prefer night clubs, not much of a day club person. I am more than okay with a chill pool during the day, meet some people and drink. Trying to keep it a super cheap trip for flights/hotel so this sounds good.

5. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo for the pool. Paris for the better resort. You can walk or uber to all clubs no matter which you chose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be prepared for the crowd at Flam pool....sometimes unable to find a lounger when super full. Pretty scenery there but not always relaxing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to ask because I have always wondered this...what exactly is the allure of going to Vegas just for the clubs? Everytime I go I see lots of people standing in stupid long lines, dressed in real nice clothes sweating their butt off and they haven't even gotten inside the club yet. Granted I have never been a bar or club type of guy even when I was your age (35 now), I guess people may go to try to meet a partner for the night? I guess in my older age the thought of me sweating and being stinky...hooking up with someone else who is sweating and stinky....that just doesn't sound fun lol. Please don't take offense to this, it just really made me wonder what people see in clubbing everytime I visit Vegas.

8. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, no worries man. I love EDM and go to raves in my home city, but Vegas clubbing is on another level. It's unlike anything we have here. Nothing better than getting messed up on liquor and listening to some good music (and Vegas brings the best of the best djs). Hooking up happens sure, but I never go out with that in mind. I just like to hang out and meet people, see where the night goes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds like my worse nightmare lol, but I never have been much of a socialite. Have fun on your trip, great thing about Vegas is it has something for everyone!

10. Burnsie

Burnsie High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Paris pool might be a bit too sedate for you. Generally an older crowd and couples. If a party pool is what you're looking for, Flamingo is your choice hands down.

Me, I'm a big fan of Bally's pool. It's the only pool on the strip I know of with a genuine "deep end," from back in the day when pools had diving boards. My last trip there was a few years ago, and it had a good mixed crowd of young and old, singles and couples. Good tunes, but not overpowering. It has a really nice vibe. The hotel is nicer than Flamingo too.

If you choose Paris or Bally's, you can easily use either pool. It's not that bad of a walk indoors. I've done it. Check out both scenes, make your pick.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UPDATE: I've got Flamingo booked. It now seems that I can also have Planet Hollywood comped - how are the pools there? Should I stay with Flamingo? Is the resort that much nicer that it would warrant the switch?

I've never stayed at the Flamingo or PHO.

13. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If pool is #1, go with Flamingo. Rio can match Flamingo on pool and Caesars is the one that tops it. For the rest, you're trading off the pool for other things.

14. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PH could throw a monkey wrench into it. It's is considered #3 in CET hierarchy after Caesars and Cromwell. While the pool is comparable to Paris, All the rooms have been redone in the past year. No Flamingo room would come close. Plus restaurants in Miracle Mile and on-site entertainment. But Leo21s post on pools still stands.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  15. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it sounds like a good time. I did my share of clubbing when I was younger.
    the crap I don't care for is the long lines, sky-high cover charges and fees for everything. I know how to have fun and if I am gonna blow a bunch of money, it will be on other stuff.

have fun, be safe!

16. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pool sucks at Planet Hollywood.

Why not Cosmo, it is your icon? They let you into the Marquee Day Club for free if you stay there too.

17. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can, switch to PHO. The pool is OK, but you said you are a night club person, PHO is swarming with dudettes. If you want to be around the young crowd PHO is the place for you.

18. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP is comped at all CET properties except Caesars and Cromwell.

19. ref59405

ref59405 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While the Flamingo may not be an official day club, it comes pretty close. It is usually packed and the line to get in starts long before the pool opens. But a lot of people at the Flamingo pool will be close to your age, much more than people at the other pools. PH pool is nothing to write home about, but that might also have people in your age group, although I suspect many people in their 20's who go to Vegas for a pool experience are probably going to a day club. All of the other pools you mentioned will be good for laying in the sun (probably no problem getting a lounger) hanging out in the pool, and drinking. Much more laid back than what you will find at the Flamingo.

As far as the hotel goes, PH has more of a younger vibe and the rooms are usually nicer than what you would find at the other places you mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solo trip + Canadian $$ conversion kills it, plus that weekend is expensive. I'm at Cosmo next week with some friends - this August trip is merely an add-on for my late summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.