1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM the Buzz- fall blackout dates

Discussion in 'Comps' started by willywilkes, Jun 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

I snagged a cheap flight for November during the SW sale with hopes of a better fall corporate offer than my summer, and then I got an offer for 2 comp grand tower room weeknight only. Trying to book the offer online for November 10-13 I get no grand king or queen rooms in the results. I checked some other random dates and have them show in sept, oct, and December, but not the random November dates I tried. I see the fine print of the offer says blackout dates apply- any idea why Pretty much all of November would be blacked out? Nothing major on the mgm events page or Vegas conventions listing that I see... I'm still hoping my generic fall offer yields rooms elsewhere bc I'd rather be at MB, but just thought this seemed odd and was looking for insight.

Also I'm 384 tier credits away from pearl- I know the benefits of getting to pearl are pretty small, but being so close has me really wanting to get there- anything I can do to push me over the edge without visiting an mlife property?

2. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try calling VIP services and booking. Sometimes this happens to me when I book on the website. Usually for me the days I need are "magically" available when I call......AKA mlife website sucks half the time.

3. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually the first week of November is SEMA week and it's a huge auto convention. Tons of people in town. Not sure about the rest of November

4. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offers and availabiltiy are of course tied to play and not level. That might have something to do with it. Looking at their online rate calendar shows the rates a bit high. Friday of course is always higher.

Have you checked other MGM properties?

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There do tend to be a lot of blackout dates. Some are predictable, like holiday weekends, Superbowl weekend, etc.

I got my Fall Buzz MGM Grand offer today.

My last 2 or 3 Buzz offers were 4 nights regular room, $175 Freeplay, $100 Resort Credit.

This one was 3 nights Suite (I can tell it goes up to Executive King), $175 Freeplay, $250 Resort Credit. I had much higher (probably 3x) than normal coin-in on my last trip.

I was looking at January dates starting the 23rd, and I can tell at least some of them are blacked out.

In the past, I've been able to get the blackout overridden by calling VIP Services, but it does depend on your play and also who you happen to get on the phone.

I was able to arrive the Sat before the Superbowl in Feb, and also on Sat July 4th coming up; both were blacked out, but VIP booked me the 2nd time I called, after getting denied on the 1st call.

7. DK528

DK528 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you can earn mlife points at Hyatt properties -- maybe one-to one? http://www.mgmresorts.com/hyatt/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.