1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Skylofts, Cosmo Bungalow, or Wynncore Villas?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mider999, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone who’s stayed at the Bungalows at Cosmo, MGM Skylofts, or a Villa at Wynncore

which in your opinion was the best, as in best service, luxury etc?

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of those three, I have only stayed in the skylofts, so i can't really compare. I can say, though, that the service is absolutely top notch. The only service I've experienced that is comparable is at the Mansion. I actually preferred the skyloft service more, but that's likely because I have stayed there enough times that I know some of the butlers. Everything is easier when they already know you and know what you like. The best specific example of the service level they offer is a story i have told a few times on here: the first time I stayed at the skylofts, one of the butlers at check in showed me what was already in the fridge and asked me if I wanted anything else. At that time, I was drinking a lot of lemon san pelligrino. The butler did not recognize the beverage, I told her it was not a big deal, and she left. Five minutes later, the butler was knocking on my door with a printed out color picture of the beverage can. She asked if that was the drink I was wanting. I told her it was. She said they didn't keep it in stock, but that they would send someone to an off-resort store to buy some. I told her that really wasn't necessary, but when i came back to the suite that night, the fridge was stocked with the drink. What's more, each time I stayed at the skylofts for the next few years, my fridge was always stocked with that drink when I arrived. The only reason its not anymore is because I eventually stopped drinking those and told the staff it was no longer needed. The fact that they kept that information in my file and stocked it each time really impressed me. There are more examples, but that one is my favorite.

Despite that great service, I will add, however, that the luxury is probably less than a Wynn villa. The technology and furnishings at the skylofts, while really nice, are a bit dated. So even though I haven't stayed in one of those villas, I think its a safe assumption that it is more luxurious

I Need Spa
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here .. like @UKFanatic , I have stayed at mgm skylofts ; haven’t been to others yet. And yes skyloft: some features could use updates/freshen up or so. But otherwise type of personal touch/service you receive is a top notch! One occasion we were celebrating our daughters 17th bday.. they went out ordered the a poster which hung as we entered a room along w personalized birthday . During the dinner as we were having a party butler was constantly in my room checking up on everything… I felt like she was there whole night .. from bring in ice, making a simple drinks to espresso etc. she was a awesome; she also brought Xbox for my son so he wouldn’t be bored, offered tickets to basketball game (summer season in Vegas) she did charge to the room and at end of trip host took care of the tickets. Anyhow point was before you really ask for anything butler already kinda figure out what you may want and get it done before which I thought was pretty amazing. Also they drive you around w a Bentley which was pretty sweet…
    (One thing, before my trip a concierge from skyloft called/email clients asking what/trip is about .. anything special etc, so they can try to make extra arrangements etc)

We also had access to mansion dining and end up having breakfast there Sunday morning at 7 am; total only w 2 other tables! It was so peaceful.. imagine having breakfast Sunday morning on strip hotel yeah it’s freaking crazy busy but not a mansion .. more then enough staff that caters to you personally. Just service along its pretty awesome !

I’m sure other places you mentioned are great wish I have a chance stay there :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done all three. Take Cosmo out of the running. Immediately.

SkyLofts: They've needed a refurb for awhile and their constant issues with cold AC in the lofts have been problematic for YEARS. They do try to make up for it with great service, but to me, there's no excuse for a Vegas hotel room to ever be warm. Especially not at $1k+ a night. Their tech in-room is also just laughably old. Sure, it's B&O, but it's B&O from 15 years ago.

I also never understood the appeal of eating an overpriced breakfast at Mansion as some kind of 'perk' to the experience. Unless I'm in-residence at Mansion (which I've been before and wasn't bowled over) I really don't want to sit there on the fringes and have a meal.

Wynncore: Which villas? Do you have access to the ground floor, invite-only villas on the Wynn side or are we talking about the Fairways, Apartments and Duplexes?

Wynn does not include butlers or focused concierges for Fairways/Apts/Duplexes, but the property as a whole is so much better than stepping out into the MGM Grand, I'd quickly put it above SkyLofts.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is there a reason you don’t like Cosmo Bungalows?

6. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not an Aria Sky Villa?
    I think it's left out too often compared to Skylofts and Sky Suites. Sky Villas exist!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen a few eh reviews on them, by that I mean they have had things damaged and needing repair

8. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @BenjaminNicholas yes I do agree w you crazy breakfast
    love staying at sky suites but haven’t had pleasure w sky villa I heard many great things

9. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms are unappealing and small. I don't care to be that close to the pool, as it's a shitshow all the time.

If you want to live in the frat party, fine. If you want a great property who will take good care of you, that's not Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are these rooms right off the pool deck, then? Can you access the pool deck from the patio of the room or do you have to go through the hotel?

11. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are located with access to Marquee dayclub. I don’t know if they still come with access to the club or not but I know they used to. Probably wouldn’t be too bad if you were there in the week and the day club wasn’t going on if you were looking for more solitude. The Lanai suites at Cosmo are located in the same level as the Chelsea pool deck and have a little key entry gate to the Chelsea pool.

12. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the info, that’s exactly what I wanted to know.

13. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mistake thought you meant Aria Sky Suite

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you have to go another way, they use to have access I think but not anymore

15. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with @BenjaminNicholas, Bungalow is not in the same class. It's just convenient for a pool party, other than that, not associated with luxury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.