1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Signature or Platinum?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dcrawf, Feb 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And just as importantly, why?

2. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are two fairly different properties. Might help if you could provide more info. For example: what aspect of staying in a Vegas hotel is most important to you? Location? Room types? Etc. Also, The Sig is "strip-adjacent" and the Platinum is off-strip. Are you going to have a car?

3. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Platinum is a boring Timeshare property, the Sig is way nicer and attached to the MGM Grand.

4. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never stayed at Platinum but I have stayed at Signature a few times and really enjoy my stay there. It's quieter and a bit of a walk to the strip, but if you don't mind that, then you will enjoy your stay there.

5. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Platinum several times and really enjoy it. Never stayed at Signature so I can't compare. Platinum feels like home when I'm there. Walking distance to Ellis Island, Cromwell, Bally's etc. Parking is a breeze, and the valet drivers are super nice(valet is included in your resort fee). Hotel is quiet, not a lot of traffice/noise so you really get a chance to escape the strip, without being too far from the strip. Love the full kitchen and washer/dryer(not in all rooms) and just the general space. The suites are huge. They also have a very reasonable resort fee, compared to other properties, $20 a night, and it comes with more than local calls :rolleyes: Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help.

*edited to add*
    I've stayed 6 times and never had a timeshare pitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.