1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM room rates

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by pink_paradise, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning our first Vegas trip (two of us) and were wondering what a "good" price would be for one of the renovated Grand King rooms at MGM, including taxes, but not including resort fees? Currently its $882 incl. tax for 9 nts, July 11-20, plus resort fees. What price range would be getting a good deal for this room and these dates? Have no idea if this is a decent price or if it will likely come down..any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that looks like the best price I could find for MGM on those dates as well. The deal on MGM's website was better than anything I found on any travel sites. Make sure you use the deal that includes the 2 free buffets. I highly doubt you are gonna find a cheaper rate down the line considering every night is between $79 and $92, including the weekend. I would book now and keep an eye on the prices. MGM has never given me a problem to changing the rates if I found a cheaper deal.
    I would consider upgrading to a suite for your stay since you are there for 9 nights and its only like an extra $100 for the entire trip. The suite is bigger, has a couch with an additional tv, a much bigger and nicer bathroom with a seperate shower and bathtub. And has 2 sinks instead of 1.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pink, just sent you a PM with another deal I found.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The "best deal" can move around often, from day to day depending on events. Or even hourly depending on bookings.

You indicated 9 days. Why not break it up a bit and do two different hotels for a change of pace?

5. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks! That second offer seems to be a great one, especially with the view upgrade. We are definitely considering booking that in the next few days. If a better deal were to come up, is MGM likely to allow us to switch to that one, or would we have to cancel and re-book? Noticed it says not for existing reservations..are all of the deals generally like that so you would need to re-book (and not have them just transfer it) to get the better price? Also, if I called MGM directly (would it be reservations or marketing?), would they be able to beat their own website by any chance? Flights seem pretty steep right now, so trying to save as much as we can on the room!

6. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just call MGM and ask for the better rate for the days you already have booked....if (I highly doubt it) they say the can't....then just book those better rates and then call back or cancel online.....easy peasy....

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW if you see a Good Deal NOW....BOOK IT NOW...it could be gone by the end of the day.

8. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've booked and called and changed my reservations 3 times already. Black Friday they had really good deals, then cyber monday was even better. The MGM reservations desk was happy to give me the better rate. You can cancel anytime up to 48 hours before arrival, so why would they care if you call and get the latest promo?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.