1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Resorts reduces military and senior discounts

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Nittany1, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all very much! I didn't see that. I appreciate that. I think it's time, if I ever go again, to finally make the jump to CET. MGM has completely disregarded my 40+ year loyalty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no inside knowledge - but guessing the reason is financial.

Though I take advantage of my military and/or DAV discounts when available, I surely do not expect any business to offer it. As a past owner of two different businesses, I understand the bottom line impact. When I give somebody a $10 discount as an owner, it comes directly from my pocket. I surely do not expect anyone to reach in their pocket and hand me money.

Yea... I know... we all assume any large business has a money tree out back and they can afford it. But - it is still money.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect part of this is tied into the drop of the discount for Mlife members. As Gold I think I got 20% if I was booking something other than one of my offers. Platinum was even higher. Now all tiers above Sapphire get 10%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did that. It wasn't much but it is nice. Interestingly they're asking me to sign up and verify again last time I tried. Either way I have comps elsewhere so I'm good for now

5. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once you sign up and verify you should have a login and password for ID.me that you can put in via a popup window on the caesars.com booking site. That uses a cookie that expires anywhere between 15 minutes and a few hours so I do have to redo the ID.me authentication/sign-in after logging in to caesars.com each time, but the ID.me has not asked me to verify employment or identity again since the first time I successfully completed the process. I'd imagine they probably do it at least once every year or so to confirm you're still employed there, but I've been using mine since March of this year and havent had to re-verify yet. It ends up being a pretty good savings if you pay for a suite, or if you go during a busy time without comps available, especially when you stack it on top of an offer or discount code. It will stack on anything that doesn't include any free nights in my experience.

Not saying not to a free fountain view suite to kick off Thanksgiving!
    Presidential Suite for the holiday woohoo!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1