1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM property parking machine inconsistencies with players card

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Gmoney10, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to know if other MGM properties have different parking policies. I went to Excalibur and Luxor this past trip.
    At the Excalibur, all you need to do is swipe your players card at the exit gate to leave without paying. When I tried this at the Luxor the gate would not go up. Luckily a worker was there and said you have to insert your parking ticket first and then swipe your card. Luckily I kept my ticket and was able to get out.

I was wondering if any other MGM properties have different systems to exit using your Pearl players card? Don't know what would have happened if I threw my parking ticket away.

2. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've parked at Luxor nyny mgm mirage aria and it was always swipe my card players card, gate opens. When leaving you don't have to swipe your card. The gate just opens because they already took a picture of your license plate when you entered

3. wernerw

wernerw Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The gate does not open always, especially when entering the parking. At Excalibur it does not work really, whereas at Bellagio my "success-rate" was pretty high.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You never, ever throw away a parking ticket. Not just MGM or anyplace that has some pay system in place - even if you are going to get it free. It is often the ONLY record of when you entered. Not always, but more times than not.

5. remmerde

remmerde Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've only done this at Mandalay Bay, MGM, Luxor, and NYNY, but...

You're meant to swipe your players card on *entry*. Instead of taking a ticket at entry, you insert players card, it remembers your license plate and lifts the gate automatically when it sees your plate at the exit gate. No need for a ticket at all.

I would think Excal is exactly the same.

• Like Like x 1