1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Offers - July 2024

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AlPal, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never done a close study on it because I've been getting comp offers for years and my play usually doesn't vary much, so it would be hard to tell, but I think there's a chance that room availability gets updated on the fly, or at least quicker than the full monthly package.

Unfortunately I didn't think to check that out right after my big-play trip in the spring. I just waited for the next month's cycle, because I wouldn't have booked anything before the offer update anyway 'cause I knew my FP/RC was gonna go way up.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's easy enough to tell. Just look up the same dates at those Vegas properties without being logged in.

If they're offering you a discount that's more than 15% off when you're logged in, then you're getting partially comped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 #FBAmbassador

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is how they lure you back into their universe so you don't go elsewhere. Like FB lol

Another 21st Birthday Extravaganza #IYKYK
    Monkeys at #FabulousFB
  4. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My initial FB offer is more than 10x my initial MGM offer and I played MUCH more at Aria my first trip at an MGM in Vegas in over a decade!!! So well FB wins at luring me back.

5. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looked up mine tonight and everything was gone got the same message of no offers and nearby resorts

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. Jer

Jer Master, Master…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine are fine

• Like Like x 1
  7. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's quite possible that the national properties will show reciprocal comps nights right away because it's not on an offer cycle and just triggered by sufficient play. For the vegas properties you might see some comp nights on the calendar when the next monthly cycle hits.

8. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though lately I have been thinking that there definitely have to be more factors than just theo, and I'm more and more thinking that time on device might make sense as a factor. My offers definitely seem overly generous for my theo level. But one thing I do is put in 8-10 hours a day playing. Not saying it definitely is a factor in the marketing algorithms, but it wouldn't surprise me either if it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Char in Seattle

Char in Seattle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an amazing offer from MGM for up to 3 comp nights at Bellagio & Aria 4 nights for other properties with 50.00 F&B and 50.00 in Freeplay. And I'm a low roller - real low like my budget is 300.00 per day. And my last Vegas visit was in 2022 with 2 nights at Bellagio (myVegas reward) and 3 nights at Paris. I'm still in shock that I got that offer so of course I booked a trip. And in 2021 I stayed at Caesars but I'm sure I gave some play to the Bellagio but I'm still confused why I got this great offer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the mistake people make is thinking offers are a reward - they are not, they exist to get you to come back. . I think if one is very consistent in their trips as in the time(s) they come and what they spend they'll be "low-balled" because MGM figures you are coming at that time regardless of any offer, I'm sure the algorithm or AI or whatever they use is always improving so offers are getting more specific to each customer. The times I have come to Vegas and what I spend have been pretty consistent for the past 5 years - and recently I retired and my trips have increased so obviously I'm spending more so my offers have gotten better, right? No. They're pretty much the same, they see I'm coming more without them increasing offers so why should they increase them? In fact they have gone down a bit. I'm sure if I didn't go for a year or more I'd get better offers. I don't play for points and don't go to Vegas based on offers at all, but I do keep track just out of curiosity... it's free money so we should take what they give us

Vegas Trip #59, Sammy Hagar
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are definitely more factors that go into an overall offer, but as far as freeplay is concerned I’m 99% sure it’s primarily trip theo based. Are you sure your theoretical loss is as low as you think it is? Playing 8-10 hours day should generate a significant amount of theo even at $1/spin on slots. If you’re talking about VP I honestly have no idea as everyone who plays primarily VP seems overcomped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very exciting! You just never know with MGM. Take advantage of it when you get it. You can always cancel if you don't want to go. My sister has been coming with me for the past few years, and just using my card, because we're staying on my comps. I encouraged her to get her own card last year. She did 8K of coin in, which isn't very much. When we put June dates in, she could get a Fountain View Penthouse suite comped at Vdara. Pretty sweet suite for 8K in coin in.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  13. OlyPhotog

OlyPhotog Low rolling for the grand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My largest FP was following my biggest loss ever; got wrecked playing HL for ~3 hrs...not one hand pay. I don't know how much theo was earned but I'm fairly certain I earned only 1/3 to 1/2 of my recent trips. My host told me FP amount was due to loss.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. huskermike

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From a corporate offer?

15. DAB

DAB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting-
    Was that a bump in your “perpetual offer” (as one host i know calls it)? Or was it a one-time boost?

16. OlyPhotog

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes a corporate offer.

17. OlyPhotog

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A one time monthly corp offer. I have not received FP for that amount or more since then.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. huskermike

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going to lie, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard that. So there must be some other variable at play than just an algorithm because I’ve definitely got crushed like 3x-4x theo on a few trips and never gotten bigger offers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have too, but at the same time, those trips where I got crushed I did maybe 3-4k coin in per day compared to my long term daily average 6.5-10k, so offers not moving seemed like a boost to me considering I did half my normal coin-in and trip theo. Anecdotally, I've stayed several 1 and 2 night stays due to cancelled flights and such, used my freeplay and RC, and played my average daily coin-in, and offers maintained, and that highly suggests daily is at least some part of the algorithm, or ratio of trip theo divided by comp value, something like that. Otherwise, if they looked at total trip theo only, my $6,500 coin in on my 19 hour stay at Bellagio should have significantly dropped offers compared to my ~30k coin-in 4 and 5 night stays at Luxor for example, which made up most of my recent play history at the time.

20. Ghard296

Ghard296 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After my most recent marathon May trip (23 days, most at MGM properties) I had $58k coin in mostly from slots, some VTGs.

Currently have four comp nights at all properties for all days I’ve looked at with $250 FP, and RC from $100 to $350 depending on property. Some comped suite availability, including the Corner Suites at Aria and the Penthouse Sky View suite at MB. And multiple suites at NYNY and Luxor as well though I don’t generally stay at either property.

Annual September Trip