1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Oct 20-23

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ChickenBone Jones, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Three great nights at the MGM. I'm not up to a blow by blow so I will just post some thoughts.
    Hotel:
    Check in at the MGM was painless and I got a premiere view 28-127. Actually was a great view. I could see from Mandalay all the way to the mirage. Wifi was bad though, ended up using the skylofts wifi as it had a much better signal. Overall I really like the MGM. I've stayed probably 8 times and never had a bad experience. My rooms are comped but I feel that even at rack rate it is a great bargain. I was charged resort fee, but it was comped off on the back end.

Gambling:
    I play BJ and penny slots had solid luck all trip but turned a small win into a small loss on the last night by beign a drunk A-Hole. I've always played quarters at the tables but was able to leverage a winning trip last time into $50 as my base unit at the tables. I noticed a distinct difference in the way I was treated at all of the MGM properties. It was similar to the way I feel when I play quarters at the quad. Not like a "High Roller" per se, but taken care of. Biggest win was a $210 on family guy bonus.

Drinking:
    I was on some medication this trip that mad me need to control my alcohol intake. I used a system. I tipped $2 per drink and put a set amount singles in my left pocket before leaving the room. When I ran out of singles I was done drinking. It worked great and kept me with a good healthy and happy buzz all trip. Service was great at MGM, Monte Carlo, and Aria. Average at Luxor and Mandalay Bay. I did have a unique situation at MGM. I had been sitting with an empty beer at MGM for about 10 minutes when the pit approached and asked if I wanted another. As I said before I really needed to pace myself this trip, so I told him I was fine until she came around again. The Pit picked up the phone and within minutes the CW came out with a new beer.

Food.
    PUB 1842. The food was okay but the service was not. I will not return
    BLT. Love this place! BLT burger, onion rings, and Can of PBR. All were great and I will return and recommend to everyone.
    Rice and Company. Food was good. Seared Ahi and kung pau chicken. Service was poor, they forgot my order and I had to wait but I was enjoying my drink at the bar so I wasn't too upset.
    Todd English PUB This was my favorite place this trip. had the fried pickles and the CBT sandwich and fries. Everything was great and the service at the bar was friendly and attentive.

Show:
    Saw Carrot Top at Luxor. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt the next morning, It felt like I had a really intense Ab day. If you are not offended by language, I think you really need to see this show.

Hope you enjoyed the brief recap and forgive the spelling and typos

2. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Enjoyed.

3. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed at MGM, and have only gambled there a cpl of times, but I always make a point of going there and walking around. I guess I just really like the vibe there and the different people. I usually eat wolfgang pucks tho. Tks for the trip report....

4. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man. Tip singles as a stop-drink-loss is an amazing idea which would have saved me thousands of pillars and even more memories. Not sure what happened last rip but I don't remember much of it at all.

$20 in singles per day in the left pocket is happening from here on out. Lets jus hope I can stick to quitting after 10 drinks :)

Thanks for he tip and the report

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have every intention of stopping after 10 drinks... before I start... but, have a whole new perspective on the situation when the 10th is empty!!!!

6. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed reading!

7. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR. I noticed that MGM's wifi was horrible last time I was there too. We always had issues connecting to it and when we did it was slow as hell.

I'm actually excited to hear the Carrot Top is that good. I already picked up a ticket to see his show this trip.

8. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and thanks for posting!

Annual Golf Trip
  9. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good read, Thanks for taking the time to write it!

10. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny how easy it is when you go out to dinner at home to stop at 2 because you are driving. After all, you're still sober. When you are in Vegas it is hard to stop after 5 or 6 because you have a good buzz and your having a great time.
    I was able to get and maintain a good all day buzz and still felt great in the morning. I think I will keep my system on the next trip, medication or not.

11. BurlingtonDoodle

BurlingtonDoodle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great TR....had me thinking about the MGM all morning :)

12. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the read. Never stayed at MGM and have only visited once. May have to at least go visit on the next trip, and of course find (and win) the Lion's Share. :cheers:

13. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    " turned a small win into a small loss on the last night by beign a drunk A-Hole."

LOL.... I think everybody on this board has done that, some, have managed to turn small wins into big losses...... you all know who you are :nono:

Thanks for the TR.

14. sam

sam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report, short sweet and to the point. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Have to watch the alcohol when on meds.

15. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is also often my issue.

Thanks for the report! I like MGM a lot except its meh location.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  16. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.