1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MGM National Harbor Reward Review

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sageblue, May 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last weekend, we went to MGM National Harbor to redeem some rewards we'd snagged once we discovered they were finally on MyVegas.

First, we had to go to the mLife desk to get the rewards loaded on our cards. The representative that worked with my partner got everything done quickly. Of course, my rep had little to no idea what to do, so a supervisor brought out the manual and walked her through it step by step. The same thing happened way back when MyVegas started in Vegas; it's good to know MGM has really stepped up their training protocols. :rolleyes:

Our first reward was a BOGO for Sunday brunch at Marcus. We started off on the wrong foot with no server acknowledging our existence once we were seated (at a table that hadn't been wiped off and was missing salt and pepper and silverware). After I asked the fourth person who walked by if we had a server, she finally came over. From then on, it was smooth sailing. The food was very good, with some of the best bacon and French toast (nearing more a bread pudding really) I have ever had. I wasn't very interested in the lunch items, but the charcuterie and desserts were great as well. I highly recommend this.

Later, we went to Tap for the BOGO beer flight. I chose the IPA flight, and the beers were very tasty and the service good. However, this place had the problem of being a sports bar where no one pays attention to what sports are on the TVs (an all-too-common issue). We were there around 2:30, meaning that both the O's and Nats were playing; not one TV had the game on. Instead, we were treated to a men's doubles repeat, a repeat of an NBA game, sports talk shows (always good with the sound off and no closed captioning), drag racing, and college softball. We asked for any baseball game to be put on any TV; it took 20 minutes for that to happen.
    IMG_2545.jpg

Finally, we decided to do the BOGO champagne toast at Fish since they have a bar outside and it was a beautiful day. Our server had never heard of the reward, but she got her manager who had been in Vegas when MyVegas started, so he finagled something, but it was never quite clear what champagne (or, more accurately, sparkling wine) we actually had. It was fine though. I might try the reward at another restaurant to see what we could get.
    IMG_2546.jpg

So, there was some hassle with the rewards, but I liked them all ultimately. Plus, I hit 4 Aces (DEALT!) on $1 DDB, so the day was actually profitable too!
    IMG_2544.jpg

2. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much was the bill for the 2 for 1 beer flights and what were the other available flights? Thanks.

3. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember correctly, the flights range from $16-20, based on which flight you chose, so our bill was $18 I think, before tip. There was a local brew option, an American one (lame), a European one (e.g., Guinness, Stella), and a wheat one.

4. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like they're working out the same kinks when MyVegas came to Vegas. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.