1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Mobile Check In

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SAll11, Feb 27, 2020.

1. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used the app to check in. Is it really as simple as downloading the app and checking it a day ahead of time. Then your phone becomes your key?

• Like Like x 1
  2. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only if you get the email or notification. It doesn't always work. But most times it does and yes it can be your key.

4. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at the Mirage earlier this month, I was allowed to check in on the app, but still had to visit the mobile check-in desk. It was still faster than waiting in the long line at the regular check-in desk. Never tried using the app as my key; they gave me plastic keycards.

5. SMG

SMG High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I stayed at the Luxor in October, the MLife app didn't work for me and it couldn't even find my reservation, so I had to check-in at the desk and get a keycard. When it was time to checkout, I also tried using the iPad in the lobby that they have setup for self-checkouts, but that wasn't working either, so back to standing in line again. :rolleyes:

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had issues with the app with the last couple of visits. I would look up my reservation, get my digital key and then I would be logged out, after a couple of uses.

7. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve used it at the Luxor. So easy! Checked in before I got in the plane and the room was ready when I landed. Stood in line behind 4 people versus the never ending line of easily 80+ people to check in. Worth trying just make sure your email doesn’t go to spam/junk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bbbruce

bbbruce Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it once. Told it when we were arriving. Waited patiently at the video poker bar for the notification my room was ready. 1 1/2 hours after my scheduled arrival time, I realized i still didn't have a notification. When I went to desk, they immediately assigned me a room, and checked in. So app did nothing except allow me to play VP. I haven't wasted the time to try it again since.

9. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would use this app, but I am booked through Member Services, so it won't show on MLife for some reason. On a side note, do any of you know if MLife Gold has a separate line at NYNY Check-in?

August 20th - August 23rd
    December 30th - January 3rd - NYE!
  10. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good to know if by the time I arrive I have t got notification I’ll just jump in the line

11. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The app recently had an update with a refreshed look and all, so I'm hoping it also made mobile check in easier and more available to al even you Andorid users :goofy:

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the new look! Really hoping for a better experience as well. Mandalay Bay/Delano was one of the first hotels to have the digital key and I used it almost exclusively for a trip or two (probably a good 50 to 60 uses) without any issues.

13. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like an old school key, I would worry about my cell going dead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like to see a face before I get my room, and that way I know who to speak to if it's no good :D

Social Distancing in the Penthouse
    Hopefully an Xmas Fairytale in New York
    • Like Like x 1
  15. georgesken

georgesken Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you go straight up to your room or do you have to visit some kiosk to check your Id and credit card? Also is there a difference with staying on a comp or a paid reservation?

16. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There’s a designated mobile check in line. At Luxor you have to get a key. I just showed them my ID, CC, and phone and they gave me my key. It probably took 3 mins.

17. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had it be hit or miss. Some resorts allow you to mobile check in but not all have digital keys active yet. I used it at the Grand last year and was able to mobile check in but the digital key didn't work when I got to the room so I had to go all the way back down and get standard key cards. With mobile you obviously can't make any room requests either since it just assigns you a room as they become available. Since I always have preferred check in with the Mlife CC I prefer to go to the counter old-school style.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You don't have to use the app to do mobile check-in (not sure how this would impact digital keys - never cared about that). They send you an e-mail with a link. I actually did this the day before my stay. Then it was a quick visit to the mobile check-in line. That actually worked well for us as I was checked into my suite, as well as the room I had booked for my brother. The man changed my brother's room to be on the same floor as our suite was on. Much more convenient.

Sister Trip - New Dates (Again)
  19. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @EastCoastVegasFan! - on your NYNY MLife check in question - there used to be an invited guest line to the left side of front desk (velvet roped off). I attached a map with a red highlight from the street entrance. I always used the VIP Lounge (circled in green) but I’m platinum.

If I were you, I would go to the VIP Lounge & pretend like I belonged. Lines in there are usually short or it’s empty. Worst they could do is boot you to the invited guest line. The folks in the VIP lounge are really nice & they serve coffee, soda, juice, water & snacks in there.
    03BBA074-4673-4A59-9F0F-35616629824A.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super helpful! I will absolutely do this!