MGM Grand

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don’t feel embarrass, they have folks asking for an upgrade often. Just fold your twenty in half allowing them to see it ask if their are any upgrades available. If they say no, just put your twenty back in your pocket. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TamOShanter

TamOShanter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i always book a grand king (either comped or not) and always ask for an upgrade, sometimes tipping $20, other times $40, never had an upgraded room but always a high floor, strip view and a fridge free of charge.

we always stay here at least a week though, so i guess the chances of getting an upgraded room is slimmer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. airblaster503

airblaster503 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be there Sunday-Wednesday in May. Have a grand king booked and hoping for an upgrade. In the past staying at mgm I was in an executive queen and Thursday-Sunday so not much to upgrade too.

Should I try $20 or go higher? What is something reasonable to expect?

4. Badger31

Badger31 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are doing one myvegas night each, back to back. I've read we're supposed to ask them to link them at check-in so we don't have to move rooms. Any idea if we'd be successful doing $20 trick and being able to get an upgrade for both nights? Anyone done this and had success?

Quick Summer Trip
    Part 2 of the Trip...On the Strip
  5. Laugh

Laugh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, let them know you'd like to link the nights so you don't move rooms. And yes, you can do the $20 trick for a potential upgrade, I've done it a couple times. You can also pay for an upgrade - just ask how much it'll be for the type of room that you want. I don't know if the MGM has it, but the Mirage has iPads where you can see what rooms there are.

Graduation Trip for Friends
    Best Friend's Bachelor Party