1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand Bed Bugs???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by bnlphan, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not skeptical, I just don't give a shit about Stephanie Mejia and her problems.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol i feel sort of the same way. The time stamps on the posts really make me suspicious. 5 am post 20 minutes later posting they are heading home...highly doubt there was a 5 am check in...Until I see more I taking this as someone trying to get something for free. Just read a story the other day about someone intentionally releasing bed bugs somewhere. Certainly wont sway me from staying at MGM properties in the least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I'm very skeptical about these situations. As I said on her post, when is there just ONE of those suckers? Likely when you brought it with you after it hitched a ride on your baggage, or it traveled with the folks in the room before you. Or something else. I check the beds and surrounding areas pretty thoroughly. Never ran into any at a hotel, but with the amount of people visiting these places, especially Vegas, some are bound to pop up.

But this lady's post? I don't believe it.

5. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best part is that all the dummies in the thread make it sound like other Vegas hotels have never had bed bugs before. No hotel is ever safe from them no matter how clean they are, it's just not possible. Cosmo, Wynn, Bellagio, Venetian, I can unequivocally assure you they've all had bedbug incidents. One isolated incident isn't worth 100k+ Facebook shares.

The real question is how a hotel inspects for it, handles it, and the service they give to affected customers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Highly doubt she is bsing, who would go through that much trouble. With that said, bed bugs can happen in any room at any hotel. Just because this room had bed bugs, does not mean there is an infestation throughout the hotel and could happen as easily at any other hotel.

I always pull back the bedding and inspect the beds before I unpack.

7. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like how she tags TMZ. Harvey Levin (?) will be all over it!

8. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just pass out. Bugs are welcome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In one of the FB groups someone had checked her out a bit more. Sounded like she was made because all she had was a debit card and they were putting a hold on it for her stay. So they evidently used this to get a full refund and then turned around and drove back to L.A.. This person indicated the video originally had a TV station logo at the end but she edited it. And that video had over 1.2 million views, so you know dang well it wasn't hers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. djslots

djslots Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly.

Same post was floating around in the Las Vegas Facebook group but got deleted for lack of proof.

11. Wylklr

Wylklr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For arguments sake let's say this did happen to you? What level of customer service would you expect?

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At one hotel where I once worked many years ago (desk) any report of any bug (and rodent and such) infestation was to be escalated to the GM at any time, day or night. They took this very seriously.

13. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Immediate room change to one of equal or better quality and maybe $100 in resort credit, and this should all be processed in no more than 1 hour.

14. Wylklr

Wylklr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ask because this happened to me and my wife last year at a strip hotel. We were staying with a group of friends for the ACM Party for a Cause concerts last April. I won't disclose which one but after we discovered it and it was verified by security the most they would do is change the sheets. I refused to stay there another minute. We cabbed it over to a property we have stayed at before and they got us hooked up with a room.

I don't know the people on the social media post but would not surprised if that was their customer service experience after what we went through.

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had spent any time in the room, I would expect the hotel to remove and have my belongings heat treated, anything that can't be treated to be tossed before the items would be permitted in any new room to which I am being relocated. It is neglectful to move items that may now have bugs hitchhiking to another room and my only concern is bringing them home.

I have read a couple accounts where Wynn and Bellagio have handled confirmed bed bug situations in this manner. Wynn also uses bed bug dogs to minimize the risk.

This is a real problem. It is important to inspect before settling into a room. I have found them twice in my travels; once at a Toronto airport hotel where I immediately found a bed bug when inspecting the mattress on arrival and once no bug, but clear signs they were or had been in a room at the Tropicana....markings of blood and black specks on the mattress.

We have a large home and bringing these bastards home would be a nightmare.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always gotten exemplary customer service at every MGM resort in Vegas. Especially when there is an issue. I just don't buy this story.

17. Mrs. Johnson

Mrs. Johnson Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only reason I am believing the story is because we just got back from Vegas after staying at MGM Grand, one afternoon I woke up from a nap and had a bug crawling on my arm, I saved it in a cup and called the front desk.. The treatment I received was awful, they basically told us we were being annoying but they would send out Eco Labs in the morning to check the room, if they were to find bugs they would treat our clothes and bags so we canceled the last day of our vacation (we had a rental car and were going to the Grand Canyon). The next day we called to check on the status, nothing, called again a couple hours later, nothing.. we ended up going home with out any info.. I finally found a list of higher ups and emailed each one, but not until after we threw our luggage away, and heat treated all our clothes.. he apologized and said the results came back negative, but they had no info on the bug we found.. he couldn't tell me what it was.. fast forward a week and I have 2 of my friends tag me in this lady's post.. maybe it's a coincidence but still makes my skin crawl!! This was my first and last stay at MGM grand.. back to Paris or Luxor we go!!

18. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reeks of bullshit and scam.

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen that before. I don't think it has been updated for nearly two years. At least the strip properties that I was interested in have not had a report since 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.