1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand 11/8-11/11/15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by TXCajuns, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TXCajuns

TXCajuns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My daughter and I arrived at the MGM around 1:30pm on 11/8 for a short visit. Walked right up to the checkin desk and were immediately given our room, a Stay-Well queen on the 14th floor. This was our first stay at the MGM, and we will definitely be back. We loved it. We had a great view of the mountains, NYNY and Excalibur, and Luxor and Mandalay Bay in the distance. The room was great. The beds, linens, pillows and towels were luxurious. We enjoyed all the hotel had to offer. A person could stay there for several days and never leave. We ate at the buffet twice. Once for breakfast, which was crowded, but very good, and once for dinner which left much to be desired (and was fairly vacant). I would not do that again. It is as a very small buffet in comparison to others and most of what I ate was not very good. I was especially disappointed with the prime rib. It was well past the well-done level. Totally brown, thru and thru. Also had some brisket that was tougher than an old shoe. The wait staff did a good job, tho. Also ate at Emeril's Fish House Restaurant. I had the pecan crusted Texas redfish, and my daughter had the barbecued Atlantic salmon. Both were good, and again, the wait staff was excellent. We also ate at our Las Vegas favorite, Mon Ami Gabi, at Paris for breakfast. It was excellent, as usual. One observation -- we were at Excalibur on Monday, early afternoon, and the checkin line was almost out the door, and there were some very disgruntled guests. Apparently, they had been there for a while. Overall, a great trip!! Can't wait to go back!! Love Vegas and the MGM Grand!! :beer:

2. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 Too much work...need more play.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My recent experience with the MGM Grand buffet was disappointing as well. Thanks for the TR.

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur is listed at the bottom of Mlife properties in Vegas. I think there are many good reasons for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2015
  4. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buffet at MGM grand was disappointing for me back in October also. Actually thought the buffet at Excalibur from the trip before was better. And had no problem with Excalibur. Room was fine, not extravagant but livable. Place to sh#t, shower and shave. LOL. Rooms are, however, nicer at MGM Grand.

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to hear you and your daughter had a great trip!
    I've stayed at MGM Grand once--West Wing--but I love the vibe and activities throughout.
    Thanks for sharing!

-Richard

6. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the TR, it is always good to hear opinions of places/attractions/dining which you have yet to try out!

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    West wing is serviceable, but sucks compared to the renovated Grand Kings. Might be the upgrade in Vegas with the best value, it's easily worth ~$10 extra on a weeknight. We failed on the $20 trick last trip though trying to line the pockets of an employee instead...:grrr:

And I agree TXCajuns, the MGM buffet is meh at best.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.