1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Buffet: Recent feedback?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Multifarious5, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are really excited to stay at MGM on our next trip, as we've never been there.

We love Wicked spoon, and like Aria, Bellagio Paris and even PH buffets. Hubs liked Mirage OK, me not really.

But BOTH of us hated the MGM Buffet the one time we tried it two years ago. (Quality was awful). It was also totally dead at lunch.

But, I never really see terrible posts on the MGM Buffet, so maybe we hit it on a really bad day?

We actually love one buffet a trip, so if people think it's worth a second look, I'd love to hear your feedback!

First MGM stay...I keep hearing the Jeopardy! timer in my head!
  2. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My entire party didn’t enjoy it. We each had to be very selective to find items we enjoyed enough to make it a full meal. Have not returned and will not, unless it was free.

I much prefer the upper echelon buffets, some of which you mentioned (Wicked Spoon, Aria, Bellagio, Wynn, and Bacchanal).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tesseract

Tesseract Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were thinking about trying it at the end of our trip since the b1g1 can be used on the weekends. Should we totally avoid it for a saturday night dinner?

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://top-buffet.com/vegas-mgm-grand-all-you-can-eat/

Haven’t been to MGM buffet, but I usually check this site out for buffets. Usually very close to my experience.

Looking forward to another of your trip reports. My trip seems so far away that the only way to get through the boring time in between is good trip reports.

Vegas Virgin (again) Trip - never stayed at either hotel.
  5. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not getting better than 2 years ago.

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much all! @Ezzy711 that was a GREAT lead. When we went it was a weekday, and it was DEAD. It matches what your link says.

My guess is part of the quality may depend on foot traffic. They might let food sit longer on slower days/times.

So IF we go, if it's dead, I think we will avoid. If it's busy? People might go through food quickly enough to keep it fresher.

I don't expect mind blowing. Heck, I ate at Luxor when feeling crudy, and was able to eat that. So I'm not super finicky. But when we went last time, it was truly almost inedible.

@Tesseract from Ezzys post weekends might be OK, especially with a bogo. Weekdays probably not so much.

You know Ill do a TR and maybe we'll take one for the team and try the MGM Buffet. Maybe. (on trying the buffet!) :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really enjoy it, its a must on every trip for me, great selection, not too fancy

Vegas Baby !
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone try this recently on a weekday? I know many poo-poo buffets, but it's part of Vegas for us, having at least one, and we love it. We are going over labor day and do the mlife bogo (so blacked out Thursday on).

I'm not paying $80 for two for the mgm buffets, so it's Wednesday or never, and I'm not sure if we should even gamble on a weekday mgm buffet, even with a BOGO.

9. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the website...looks very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Init2winit

Init2winit Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the last few buffets on myvegas that can be free without a stay.. going soon!

Vacation Time