1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Memories. Do you remember this?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Packer, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Dad and I were in the Acme parking lot on Ridge Ave., which had a decent grade to it. He had always run alongside me when we were trying to ride without training wheels and hold on to the back of my seat. Finally, I got going pretty good and looked to see if my Dad was approving of the way I was going and I saw that he had left go. Panic set in and I totally forgot the lesson on braking.

I continued on at increasing speed until I got to the end of the parking lot, where there was guard rail and an incline beyond. I got my first Physics lesson however when the bike suddenly stopped and I kept going, somersaulting over the handlebars and landing on my butt on the other side of the guardrail and flopping, arms akimbo, to the bottom of the incline.

I looked up and my Dad was at the top, yelling to me that the bike was okay. I can't remember if he came down and got me or I crawled back up, but I do remember climbing back on the bike, this time with a refresher course on braking.

He taught me to swim the same way.

My Dad was just the greatest and I miss him every single day.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No kids here but I remember my first time. Age 5 and my older (+12) brother holding on going down the alley behind our house. All of sudden I turn around and he's not there. Hey, I'm doing it!!

58 years ago and I still remember the first time.!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.