1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Memorial Day Weekend Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Rush, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

No long detail here. This trip was a carbon copy of so many of my trips, it's getting ridiculous. Up early, lose late.

Flight out of MKE on SW was uneventful until the landing. We were inches from the ground, and the plane fired back up, and shot back through the sky. We flew half way to Phoenix, and came back, before landing in the opposite direction......No idea what went wrong, but it added 20 minutes. Landed at 8:45am Saturday.

Picked up my car. Quick and simple as always. $89 out the door from Thrifty for a midsize. Only put 42 miles on it this trip, but I still beat the taxi costs I would have incurred. Headed over to M to use some free play and a free buffet that I had. Put about $200 in my pocket in about 3 hours. Had planned on having breakfast, but the M doesn't have a breakfast buffet. On the weekend, they have a $39 seafood buffet. Since it was free, I didn't care, otherwise, I would have had something else. The food was fine. I had some shrimp and crab legs to make sure that I felt I made a dent in the $39 price tag, but the rest of the fare was typically bland.

I decided to head to Orleans, which would be home for the next 4 nights. Over the next few hours, I had about 10 4oak on VP, including a $500 hit. I also had a nice run at craps, making $2200 on one roll. A young guy at the other end of the table was hitting the "hard 8", and made me some coin. I had $5 on the bet, he hit it, and I always "half parlay" the wager, so I pocketed $25, and left $25 on the table. He hit it again. This time I kept $125, and bet $125. Now, he rolled a regular 8, instead of the 4/4, so I lost my money, and re-bet at $5. Well, he does it again: $5 becomes $25, and $25 becomes $125, but this time he hits the third hard 8, paying me $1125! I pocketed $900, and left $300 up, hoping for a $3000 hit on one more hard 8! It didn't hit. He rolled another regular 8. Sadly, he had two more hard 8's after that! The strangest part of this is, I had a dollar on my bet for the crew, so when i won, they would win, too. I did the same 'half parlay' with them, too. When their bet was going over $100, the boss said I couldn't make a bet higher than $100 for the dealers. I though this was very strange. Whatever. I went to bed +$2200

Sunday I decided to hit the Strip for a "crawl". This crawl was like many others......it petered out shortly into it. I just hate the Strip. I parked at the Excal, and my goal was to scratch out $50 on craps at each place, and toss $5 at one hand of VP, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Made about $80 here. Over to NYNY, made the same. Aria. Played for an hour and broke even. Hopped on the tram to Bellagio. The tram was new to me. It was a nice addition. When you see all the "construction", and think what a mess it is, It's nice to see the finished results. I played for an hour here, too, but ended up out about $300. So much for the crawl plan. I don't mind a $10 table, as that's where I play at anyway, but when I see 8/10 tables in this area at $100, I just shake my head........I don't belong here. I hopped a cab back to my car, and sped back to the Orleans.

Back home, I played some more Vp, and hit a couple more 4oak, including 3s w/a kicker on a .50 Triple Double machine for $1000. Had a nice heater on a craps table where I was the only player. It was probably a 15 minute roll, which doesn't sound like much, but when you are alone.....the dice go fast! I had the 6/8 up to $180 and $210, and the 9 was up to $400. I had almost $1200 on the table when I 7nd out. I bought in for $1000, and cashed out $3700. I went to bed that night up $3300 for the trip.

The Memorial Day Massacre.

I woke up on Monday, and counted that bankroll. It was thick enough to choke a horse! I love it!!! I went downstairs and started with some Vp, and it was no too kind. I ripped through $500 with only one 4oak. Decided to head back to craps, and had a decent run. Made about a thousand. Gave that all back on more Vp and cards over the next few hours. Pissed off, I decided to head downtown. Drove to MSS, and started with craps. made a quick $100, and felt maybe the change was all I needed to get right. Played some Vp, and got beat up. Tried BJ, and got pounded. Now, I always tell myself to stay away from BJ, as I always seem to get my face kicked in.......but why stick to what seems to make you money, or at least keep you in the game? So, let's swing over to the Cal, and give them a thousand bucks at 21, too!

Place after place I went downtown. $500 here, $500 there, always reaching, never heading to the cage.......I finally said, "Hold on! I need to count my cash!"

What a wake up call that was. I was only up $400 on the trip! Holy shit!! I needed to head back to Orleans and get right!

I got back and played some Vp to start. Nothing. Craps........Zero. Why not try BJ again? Why? Because it's the goddamned devil! I went to bed at 3am, too scared to see how far in the hole I was after such a great start two days ago.

When I took a count of the bankroll Tuesday, I wanted to puke. 36 hrs ago I went to bed with $7300 in my pocket. Now.........I have $2000. This trip has become like too many before it. Play smart and cautious early on, and become a complete horse's ass on day 3 or 4. Just, wow. Now, I nurse this money, but it goes like water through my fingers, and by 6pm, I am spending my last night in Las Vegas watching the NBA playoff game in my room, while making love to a Fatburger and fries.

I have a 1pm flight on Wednesday, but I am at the airport by 8:30am.

Someday, I will get wise enough to send "winnings" home, and not have to write these shitty reports.

Better luck to you guys!

2. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great report........and I love your writing style!!!

I'm still giggling a bit inside. :wink2:

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boooooo, I'm a sucker for a happy ending but that wasn't it. I usually tilt early in the trip, then regain some sanity. Sorry your luck took a nosedive!

4. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am the opposite, Ido pretty well on BJ, but always mediocre to terrible on Craps. But I keep going back to it.....

Sorry you had a bad trip, Rush. Win it all back next time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.