1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Memorial Day LIVE Flamingo Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ams722, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Sitting here at the airport waiting to board the Southwest plane to Vegas. Staying at the Flamingo this trip - I've never stayed there before (actually I've never stayed at any CET property before). But this weekend was expensive and blacked out for comps so I booked a package through Southwest Vacations.

Some of you may remember my last (admittedly dull) trip report: https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?118582-NYNY-live-3-28-4-1

I was having back problems and there was heavy Percocet usage.

Well, my back is still really screwed up. Since that trip I've had two MRIs and it is a pretty bad herniated disc. I'll be having spine surgery June 11 to cut it out and relieve the pressure/pain.

But I wasn't gonna let that cancel a Vegas trip!!!! So once again I had my doctor stock me up with Percocet and steroids so I should be good to go for the next four days.

I might try the $20 trick when I check in at the Flamingo. Not sure yet.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

It hurts like hell if I have to stand for very long. So the Southwest cattle call seating process would have been torture. Gonna try to snag an exit row seat.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the TR and pics.
    Let us know which seat you got.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a seat in the first row. Lots of leg room.

Apparently federal regulations prevent people who preboard from sitting in exit rows. ;)

Waiting on my bags now then taking a shuttle to the Flamingo.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All checked in and ready to go. Didn't attempt the $20 trick as checking in 4 1/2 hours early seemed good enough.

Great view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice view of Caesars. Have fun and hope your back holds up! :thumbsup:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is the perfect location for a room for my next trip in November. Would like to be around there for ease of getting to CP for a conference daily. Would you mind posting your room type. Also, possibly room number (once you leave of course).

Thanks!

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  8. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to reading it. To be honest, I am glad they did not allow the exit row, if your back is in bad shape then your not in a position to help in the event of an emergency and that could mean lives.

Love the view, enjoy your trip.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic view.....go get 'em!

10. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect it's just something they said before everyone boards. I have a feeling had I gone and took one of those seats no one would have made a peep.

11. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be a Pai-Gow Poker heavy trip, just like the last one.

After getting settled in the room I went down and played PGP here at the Flamingo. The dealer wasn't friendly. Can't stand unfriendly dealers. Stayed long enough to break even and got the hell out of there.

The safe in my room was dead when I got here so I had to have the maintenance man come fix it. He arrived surprisingly fast to my room and put new batteries in it and it's working now. Was worried I was gonna have to switch rooms and lose this view! While my safe was broken I used my suitcase as a makeshift safe cause it has a lock for the zippers. Thankfully I didn't have to do that for long...

Went and played PGP at The Cromwell. Nice little session. I really do love gambling at the Cromwell (for anything besides blackjack). It's exactly like the Cosmo but with low CET table mins. Drink service is excellent. Session started out really well but near the end it got bad and I left when I got back down to even.

Hopped on the monorail down to the MGM. Very very busy down there. There is a UFC fight going on today or something. Lowest PGP table min was $50. Their 6:5 blackjack tables were all $25. Disgusting.

Over to NYNY. PGP tables were full.

Over to Excalibur. PGP table was $25 min. You wish, Excalibur.

Over to Luxor. Finally a playable table for $15. Started out rough. Only one won hand for probably my first ten hands or so. Lost a few and pushed the rest. Got down to like $30 at one point. This one girl had gotten down to her last $14, had to take a dollar out of her purse, and built it back up to her $100 buy in. When she colored up and left the table I hopped in her spot. Much better. Built my chip stack back up to my $100 buy in (plus like $10) and decided it was dinner time.

Used a MyVegas buffet comp for the MGM Grand buffet. It was pretty good. I'm glad it was free though, it would NOT have been worth the $39.99 they were charging tonight.

Now I'm back in my room chilling for a bit.

I'm a bit worried I'm gonna have to switch rooms after all. The people next to me are so damn loud. I can hear everything through the connecting door. They sound like stupid drunk ****** party kids. If they wake me up tonight there may be a massacre on the 12th floor of the Flamingo.

12. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am considering a flamingo stay in September for guys trip so all details will be appreciated! Good luck!!!!

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is always my choice for guys trips! I think its perfect, the pool scene is awesome.

14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So immediately after that last post I went down to the Platinum/Diamond/SS check in area and bitched about the obnoxious people next door. The girl basically said they're sold out, there's nothing she can do for me tonight other than call security. I told her that I know these are the type of morons who will not give a rat's ass about security people telling them to be quiet. She said that two complaints and they can kick them out of the hotel.

I would have rather switched rooms, but okay.

So I come back to my room and they're being worse than ever next door. So damn loud and annoying. Literally right as I'm heading out to go gambling, they all start screaming at the top of their lungs. This is right as I'm walking out the door. Then I see two security guards in the hall stop right in their tracks and go pound on the door. So I stand there in my door way and spy on the situation.

From what I gathered, the security guards had just told them to shut the eff up, and as they were leaving down the hall the idiots decided to scream at the top of their lungs. Great idea, morons. So they turn around and pound on their door and no one answers. So they tell them they're coming in and they open it themselves.

The security guards tell them one more annoyance and they're coming back with the manager and evicting them. They need the room tonight. The girl who came to the door acts all sad and says something along the lines of "this is Vegas we are here to have fun." The security guard tells her to go out and have fun. Not in your damn room.

I was pleased. The room is dead quiet right now. Maybe they got evicted? More likely they are out partying... If they wake me up tonight, you can bet your ass I'll be reporting them.

I think one of them smashed the glass on the fire extinguisher right outside my room. I heard a loud crash earlier. And there's a lot of blood on the floor in the elevator bank on our floor. Hopefully they cut a damn artery. The blood has been there for hours. How sanitary, Flamingo.

Aaaaaanyway. I decided to go gamble at SLS, because, well, who knows how long the SLS will even exist.... It was a mistake. Didn't win one single hand of Pai Gow. Lost $100. Then I played blackjack. They still have good rules for $10. It was decent for a bit, then it took a turn. Almost lost another $100 but had a little run and got back up to even and cashed out.

After that I played PGP at Harrahs for a little over an hour. It was decent. I was starting to fade near the end and I played a hand wrong and decided it was time to leave. Ended up leaving up around $30.

Now here I am back in the room chilling. Gonna make it an early night. Jet lag is getting to me.

15. NJS24

NJS24 Voice of Reason

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP, at what time did you actually check in and was their an additional cost to do so?

16. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in around 11:30 am in the Platinum/Diamond check in area and there was no charge.

17. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the neighbors...that sounds about my like cousins style, LOL...sit in their room and party...(Why go to Vegas just to stay in the room and party?!)
    Maybe this is why I prefer hotels where the clientele are usually 70+, hahaha (coughcoughSamsTowncoughcough)

18. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly. It depends if the flight attendants are paying attention to those that actually are preboarding.

And ******s like your neighbors are why we always ask for no adjoining door. You hear anything through those doors. Although they were clearly loud enough that you're hearing them regardless.

19. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Too bad for the noisy neighbors...I just don't get it. Flamingo seems to be full of rowdies. Not for me. I love Paris and am becoming very fond of Planet Hollywood thanks to Hunter. Big wins for you!

20. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks - I stayed their solo 5 years ago while attending a conference and enjoyed everything about it except for one of the worst rooms I have ever stayed in

I did make it to pool one day and it was awesome - I want the single guys in our group to experience it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.