1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mccarran getting from terminal 1 to concourse D, and back?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by fischer, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fischer

fischer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The centurion lounge (American Express) is in Concourse D (Gates D), but we are flying Southwest Terminal 1 (gates A,B,C, ). I have heard that it is possible/easy to get there and back but wondering what hoops we have to go through to accomplish this. Do we need to go through TSA each time?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting from Terminal 1 to concourse D is easy; take the tram from Terminal 1 to concourse D, then back.

If your flight is in concourse C, when returning to Terminal 1, don't leave the secure area, but turn left and walk toward concourse C.

If your flight is in concourse A or B, I think you would have to exit the secure area, then go over to the A/B security are to get there. Pretty sure there's no linkage between A/B and C/D on the secure side.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, you can easily go from the C gates to A and B gates... there's a connected passage-way with a couple of those moving sidewalks for part of it located right after you pass the C gates entry, just take a right and make the short 5 minute walk over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. fischer

fischer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, thanks.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... did this a few months ago. Just do not go down the escalator or back through security. Marked fairly well.

We are Amex lounge junkies and do this every trip - usually on SW though. If on Delta, it is much easier.

6. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Priority pass affiliated lounges(The Club) which has a location by the D gate escalator and and one end of the E gates in T3.

As was mentioned before, this is all connected airside. It's confusing when you land at an A or B gate because if you follow the signs above to get to D, you'll be lead or of security. As was mentioned, there's a side walkway to C from AB and from there one can take the tram to D. From D there's a tram to T3 E gates.

I was researching this last year and I found out that the doors between the C and D trams used to be shut (if you look at the doors that are left open, the say do not enter). I read posts took few years ago that said you used to need an airport pass to get through. I guess within the past year or two someone decided to open it up and realized it was dumb not to gave everything connected.

I just like to close by saying that if anyone is wondering, you can enter security at say T3 e gates (e.g where I check in for Frontier) even if you're departing WN at the C gates, or spirit B gate. I'm almost certain you can do the opposite as well but I haven't tested it due to the locations of my lounges

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.