1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mayweather vs McGregor Aug 26th

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by NewOrleansSlimm, Jun 14, 2017.

1. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Patman

Patman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm booked at MGM..

Office trip
  3. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the M&M fight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    right away it said the fight would be at the MGM arena, few minutes later it changed to the T-mobile arena

5. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am booked in vegas downtown 11-21 of Aug. yesterday I started thinking about changing it to 2 separate visits so i can be in town on the weekend of the 26th. i am not really that much into fighting, but is always exciting to be in Vegas for when there is a big match. decisions decisions.

6. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No offense to anyone who's about to pony up big money to be there for this or watch it on PPV, but this is going to be a horrible fight. Mayweather has never given in to pressure to fight rather than box just to provide entertainment value, and this won't be an exception. McGregor doesn't have the boxing skills to touch Mayweather, much less hurt him. If you thought the Pacquiao fight was boring, this is going to be much worse. Now if Mayweather ever agrees to enter the octagon, I'll be there with bells on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. Patman

Patman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't intend to go to the fight or even watch it at one of the hotel parties. PPV will be blocked so you would have to go to a closed circuit event. But I love the atmosphere down there at that time. We were there for Mayweather/Pacquiao and it was electric up until about the middle of the fight.

Office trip
  8. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't argue with that. I still lived in Vegas for both Tyson-Holyfield fights, and I'll never forget the atmosphere.

9. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be watching on tv for sure. The arrivals. The weigh in. The months of smack talk. Love it.

10. Ckspores

Ckspores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Vegas until the 26th. I really have no interest so I'm just hoping that my last night is fun (I'm sure it will be) and we don't have too much trouble flying out on the 26th.

Solo Celebration!
  11. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been looking for news on a Press Conference/Official Announcement event but I haven't been able to find one. I'm quite sure there will be a presser to announce this where both fighters show up.

12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started to book a room Tuesday, just in case I decide to go for the Aug 25 and 26. on Tuesday and most of Wednesday the room prices had not changed. as of now, most all of them have sky-rocketed, even downtown.
    this happened for the Mayweather - Pacquiao match as well. the rates came back down almost to normal as the event got closer. (except for MGM and nearby hotels)
    let the hype begin!

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were planning on going out the 24th....when I saw the news I tried booking comped rooms asap, expecting a zoo. None of our direct offers are working, or our corporate comps. (And I tried mlife and direct hotel sites.) Could be an mlife glitch, or they put comp dates on hold till they see how many people will pay for rooms.

Could be a glitch, but i doubt it. I can't blame them...I wouldn't give out free rooms either to mid-level players if fight fans will pay.

PS great link! I like McGregor, but you're pitting an icon in a specific area against someone with a wider, but less specific skill set...with many tools he can't access in a boxing ring. But watching the clip, I was really surprised to see Mayweather being humble and admitting he's already seen his glory days.

Boxing skill alone, my money would absolutely be on Mayweather...but if his heart isn't in it 100%? That could be a game changer, even when you have the more specific technical tool box.

The two biggest dangers (in my book) going into a fight?

1) Going in expecting an easy win and under estimating your opponent.

2) Going into a fight already being comfortable with a possible loss.

Again, had I NOT seen the clip, my vote would have been hands-down Mayweather, but now, well, odds are against McGregor in my book, but it's no longer absolutely unwinnable for him in my eyes, if Mayweather is going in seeing himself as already having scored his big wins...already ok with a possible loss.

Great fight or boring fight, I'm still excited to see how it turns out!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not that much into boxing, but it is always exciting to be in Vegas with a main event like that going on.
    the most I would bet would be $50 either way, just for the heck of it.
    no money to be made on Mayweather.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw 6-1 yikes!! No way in hell I'm dropping big chedda in Vegas to watch this yawner...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Poker and sports betting
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kevin853

kevin853 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be looking for a line on a McGregor DQ. Is he gonna be able to go 36 mins without throwing an elbow or a knee more than once?

18. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Because boxing contracts typically withhold your share of the purse if you get DQd. So he will have millions of reasons to walk in there, get counter-punched to death, and then head to the bank

Stop #2 of my two week bday extravaganza
    Hard Rock Hollywood, Stop #5 on the bday tour!
  19. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Poker and sports betting
  20. archie1959

archie1959 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plugged in my total rewards card just to see what rates were going for the Friday and Saturday night.
    Average per night Rio 222. Bally's 264 Harrah's 279 Flamingo 295 LINQ 330 Paris 340 Planet Ho 399 Cromwell 517 C Palace 586 NOBU 699 .
    No thank you.