1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mayweather fight party etiquette question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bedaniels, Aug 17, 2017.

1. bedaniels

bedaniels Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an e-mail today from my host at MB with an invite to the mayweather viewing party. My wife and I will be in town with another couple that weekend.
    However we are all staying at Aria this trip.

Is it poor etiquette to request tickets if I'm not staying at MB? Is it poor etiquette to request tickets for the other couple?

I've never been to one of these fight parties, the ladies would like to know the dress code, is it a dress up thing? Are food and beverages provided? What can I expect if I respond to the invite from the host?

Appreciate your help, thanks

2. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Etiquette shmediquette, he offered you tickets, you didn't beg for them, tell him yes and if he expects you to stay there, book one night(you dont have to sleep there if you dont want). Give him some action, but you dont have to explain shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. smithipedia

smithipedia Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your Aria trip was already booked, he should have known you wouldn't be there. Honestly, I would just email or call your host and ask him. My at MB is John Sia and I blow that man up with questions and requests ALL THE TIME, lol. He probably loves and hates me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ack, such a hard question, as there is no right answer.

Personally, I'd email back and say how disappointed you were because you would have LOVED to have gone, but unfortunately, for this specific trip, you're already staying elsewhere, but only because the (location/wife/color of the sky, whatever) fit for this trip, but reiterate how much you love MB, and are looking forward to coming back.

I'd also close again by saying how bummed you are about missing out on the viewing party.

Now, he/she might say "too bad, so sad, see you next time" or they might have enough to say "still come on over" as a "maintaining rapport" gesture, and then you've been totally open and honest, so no (or minimal) strings. If they do this, I'd still drop some play in just as a gesture...or a tip in a sealed "thank you" card, but that's just me, as I have a phobia on feeling like I took advantage of something.

Since you're staying at Aria, they probaby already know, as they CAN see other reservations, so they very well MIGHT say "come on over"!

Good luck, and let it know how it goes.

PS on attire, I doubt its going to be black tie, and as women, we can easily fit most clothing protocols by throwing on a cute dress or palazzo pants with nice shoes and a nice top...comfy, but fitting a wide swath of formality settings....guys have it harder!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  5. eksantirik

eksantirik Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mayweather and etiquette in the same sentence :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only thing you need to wear is money team t shirts and tbe hats

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd just take them if you really want to go. Tell him you're staying at Aria if you want. Asking for a 2nd pair, I dunno, I wouldn't feel greedy asking, it really feels like they're having to paper this thing quite a bit.

I just looked on StubHub and tix for the viewing parties at MGM properties are maxing out at $210. So although there's no way to know what kind of comp value MGM is putting on it, it doesn't feel like a huge comp, especially when you're getting the offer only a week ahead of time.

I doubt people are going to dress up for it, it's probably like a Superbowl party.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing tirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But we live with the burden everyday and seldom complain.

We were just here!
    Birthday + Holy Rollers.
  9. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard they cant even sell out the fight(due to high prices), I doubt they'll sell out this either, $210 is insane.

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes... I just LOVE your responses!

• Like Like x 1