1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May I have a 15 second whine?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And today, the whole front porch is gone. And.........he's building a deck style porch.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lola 1; hubby 0

3. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it when they do what we wanted and think it's their idea!

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's allowed to think whatever he wants as long as the job gets done.

5. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we did our rear deck last summer, and the guys tried to save me money because I was too busy to do it myself

turns out labor would have been cheaper if they hadn't tried to save the part of the beams that "were good"

I saw this coming from page 1 of this thread

but where's his Sammich and Cold beer?

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you're getting what you wanted. Since my wife doesn't visit this site, I will confess that one reason husbands do this sort of thing is that it makes the job last longer. Working on one squeak tends to silence the other squeaks for a while.

7. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This thread cracked me up! It's so true in so many ways :)

8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds sooo much like my husband too. We go to the store and he holds up 2 shirts and asks me which one I like better. I choose the one I like and he immediately puts it back on the rack and takes the other one because he like that one better. The why the f does he even ask??

About 1 year and a half earlier we had our kitchen remodeled -- I had a very outdated kitchen. I wanted a dishwasher and the husband said - no it can't be done it will add thousands of dollars to the budget if we knocked out the bottom cabinets and made a space. Our contractor and cabinet maker came over and measured - then asked if there was anything I else I wanted -- YES a dishwasher. No problem - it will actually be cheaper and easier for them to knock out the bottom cabinets and start from scratch. My husband got the evil - I told you so glare from me and I got my dishwasher - along with beautiful cabinets.

Now I have a pussy pink tile bathroom to remodel - that ugly pink tile from the 70s era -- gag.

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Made me chuckle. Two of my now-dead uncles shared a pig farm for decades and collected garbage for the pigs. Eventually the pigs went and then they transitioned to just a garbage collection business. Now known as Waste Collection.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So even though he already had a strong feeling on what should be done, he consulted you, asked your opinion without first prejudicing it with his own, and then explained what his thoughts and reasoning were before it was too late to change his mind, allowing you to make an argument you would eventually win, while doing all the labour himself, and this was bad?

I love being single.

:poke:

11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every couple makes its own deal. Not every couple puts in the effort to make the deal work. We find that it's worth the effort.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe so but I bet he got laid! :poke:

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, that's outrageous! He hardly knows those bikers!

Oh, you mean ..... nevermind.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The front porch is done. It's a cement porch underneath. With a wooden deck on top. He left the original cement step underneath the deck. The rest of the old cement porch was broken up, including the part that was "still good" as previously stated by my husband and endorsed by the alcoholic biker neighbours. I don't know why he made a fully functional cement porch underneath of a fully functional wooden deck. Like I said, I pick my battles.

15. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, the alcoholic biker neighbours have gone on record as saying they really like the new front porch. The alcoholic non biker neighbour agrees. And the recovering alcoholic non biker couple with the dog agree. I don't care the really old guy who used to leave his garbage out whenever he wanted and my late beloved dog Lola would get skunked a couple times a year's opinion.

16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah. I should mention. I never requested any particular style of porch. I told him to do whatever was best as long as it didn't ice over like the old one. I didn't say it had to be made of cement or wood or gold or the bones of my enemies. I didn't say what colour...nothing. So it's not like I got my way. All I "got" was a compromise on a demo job. He still left the old step. His concession to me was taking apart the rest of the porch including the section he claimed to still be good. It wasn't really a win/lose situation. It was him getting cranky with all the reno's and testing my patience for his bs.

17. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if he's both? Is it still a 'sandwich'? :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.