1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May Adventures! A Live Report with a Meh Title

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, May 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s getaway day so no real plans.

I hit the high limit room this morning. Bac was bad but I got it back. Then played roulette and lost a little. Now I am finishing breakfast at the Henry. Then going to cash out and pack my bags. I leave for the airport in less than two hours, so I will likely just kill time in the room after I pack. I should have a quiet week at home and then back here Friday night for the final weekend of my May adventure!

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on what was a fun and "successful" trip despite the rough V/P start. It also seems like you didn't run to hard, which is good to help recover from DW and get ready for Memorial Day weekend, which I am sure is going to crazed hectic but also really special. My guess is it will be the unofficial kick off of Vegas being BAAACCKKKKK!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. It ended up being very successful. I should have posted a pic of the cash, but its packed away now. I'm now a very long way from that disasterous Bellagio trip at the beginning of the year. I could lose big next weekend and probably still be up for the year. That's always a good feeling.

Vegas does feel very close to being back. I would say the crowds are back at 100% and the tourist corridors as a whole feel like they are at about 85%. Unless you come to Vegas for shows or a few other very specific things, Vegas right now will likely feel as it did before the pandemic. I was caught off guard just how crowded it was this weekend. I sort of don't want to imagine what next weekend will be like. i sort of liked the smaller crowds, lol.

Less than an hour til I leave. Already starting to think about next weekend. If you stay tuned, expect pics and reports from the Aria skysuites, the pinball hall of fame, Carbone, Bardot, Crystals, Catch, the sky pool, and most importantly, the Aria spa! A few of you on here know that I am a bit of a spa nerd. The variety of high quality spas is one of my favorite aspects of Vegas. And the Aria spa is one of the best. Before the pandemic, I would travel to a spa (in Vegas or elsewhere) about once a month. Now, its been sixteen months since I have been to one. So I will likely be at the Aria spa all day next Sunday lol

• Like Like x 22
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for another great TR UK. :clap::clap::clap: Quick question. How was the staffing at the restaurants that you visited?

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Maxbet

Maxbet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great question. I was wondering the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fine from what I experienced

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice leg!!! And glad to see you squeezed in some video poker in there. Haha

And Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite rides too. I should try to get up for rope drop so I can ride it multiple times easier. Most of the time when we get there, the lines are long for it...

• Like Like x 1
  8. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, for reasons I cannot figure out, the Haunted Mansion is one of the easiest lines at the park. In the early evening of my solo day, I rode it continuously for an hour. Just walked on, rode it, and walked right back on from the exit to the entrance

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  9. drac999

drac999 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m loving this discussion of the haunted mansion! I’m shocked that there aren’t mega lines for it! Many memories of each of my five grandsons at first afraid of it and then loving it. “Again, again, Grandma!”
    Glad you had a winning trip, UK! Do it again at Aria.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  10. MacAttack

MacAttack High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Uk - great as usual.

Flights booked - hotels TBC
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That top pic is the approximate location of my senior prom, and the area where a lot of kids snuck off to smoke cigarettes, because you could do that back then lol

It's been too long!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pre-Covid, we almost always had to use a Fast Pass for the mansion. Things are different now, but it will get more and more back to normal over time. WDW is a place I have visited well over 100 times and it is still magical to us. I do remember riding Space Mountain eight times in a row and, much as described about the Haunted Mansion, it was basically moving from the end of the ride back to the beginning continuously.

Living in Melbourne when it was much cheaper to get in to the parks, it was a date day or night for us fairly often.

We met a couple staying at one of the resorts who both work at Disney (one a boat captain and one works at a lounge), live right off of the property and often vacation there. I am not quite that dedicated to the cause...

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    #&#& damn song is stuck in my head just from reading this TR, and I havent been there in almost 20 years, but having grown up in the area and worked there a bit as a teenager, I've been hundreds of times.

It's been too long!
    • Funny Funny x 5
  14. Johnny Bollocks

Johnny Bollocks Never mind the Bollocks...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the lines are short right now because of reduced capaity (although that seems to be ending). Every line except one, the actual wait time was shorter than the posted wait time. Peter Pan, usually a 45 minute or longer wait, was a walk on. Buzz Lightyear was a walk on a couple times. Big Thunder was a walk on a couple times. Really, only Splash Mounyain adn the Seven Dwarves were the only longish waits

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun fact for tourists- the wait can be very long for haunted mansion, but it's extremely efficient. There are two of the stretching rooms (step in to the .... dead... center of the room) and continuous moving ride cars. As one room unloads in to the ride boarding area, the second room loads from the main line, and the time it takes for the stretching room show to run is the approximate time it takes for the other to unload the average number of guests in that room to board ride vehicles while that stretching room resets to take the next load, so it has one of the higher numbers of guests per hour of all the Disney rides, but it's just super popular to the extent it can have long waits. It's also prone to stopping as people break the rules really often resulting in stoppage of the entire ride.

It's been too long!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. aspenq

aspenq Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR so far! Looking forward to the rest!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, the stretching room pre-show is not playing. There is a recording of the ghost host welcoming you into the foyer (with the ageing portrait above the fireplace) and then you walk through one of the stretching rooms with the doors wide open leading directly into the line for the doom buggies. I would have thought the absence of the preshow would make the line longer, but it wasn't.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  19. mickyblueeyes

mickyblueeyes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @UKFanatic I love spas too. If you could pick the top spa in Vegas which would it be?

• Like Like x 1
  20. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! That's the first time I've heard of that, though it makes sense considering it's not a real elevator and they dont want to crowd people in to the dead center of the room with covid and whatnot, but it reminds me that we found an occasional exploit in high school when they ran on certain show timings that we could occasionally run through the exit while both it and the entrance were open for about 5 seconds at a time, but usually it was running in a way that couldnt happen.

It's been too long!
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.