1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

May 12-16... Let’s Have Some Vegas Fun!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ronc, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes it is hard for a small-town guy to wrap my head around Vegas pricing, but it seemed reasonable to us. The total was $227 before tip with unlimited Mimosas, Bellinas, and Bloody Marys. The food was good but not "spectacular" but it was a buffet setting. The service was very good.

My wife is not a seafood person and, to me, that was the highlight...so this would not be something that we would do again. That is not good or bad; it is just what fits us best...

Two 21st Birthday Celebrations
    Spring 2019 Sky Suites Trip
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpg Cheers! Margaritas at the Sky Suite Pool

They set me up in the shade, which was fine with me...but my wife wanted full sun. I told her that she did not want to be around me anymore. They moved her. The pool attendant was one we had last year...he remembered us.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    773F137D-64AC-40F7-95DF-E4D7C620BFC4.jpeg New signage

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  4. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not so happy in Vegasville right now. My wife is very upset.

The teddy bear that was in my mother-in-law's hands when she died last year appeared to have disappeared when they changed our sheets this morning. Yes, it could be our fault. That is not the issue. The issue is the lack of "give a damn" from our point of view by the staff we have contacted. I talked to the desk and to housekeeping; but said that they would escalate the issue and keep me updated.

3 1/2 hours and not a call to us. i went back to the desk and gave them a controlled piece of my mind. Now a supervisor of some sort has contacted me and sad they are going to send up security to file a report. Ok. Great. No one stole the damned bear; it is gone by accident. Just do something to help recover it. It really is not that hard.

There is a damper on this trip at the moment. I don't actually expect them to find it based on the amount of laundry done in these places in a day, but I expect them to respond to the customer's issue a lot better than this...

The dishes are still here from room service last night. The left no table to leave it outside on. I have called about that, too.

The pool afternoon was great...ran into an attendant that remembered us from last year. They did a great job there.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about the missing teddy bear. How someone handles an issue makes a big difference. Hope it gets found and enjoying the report.

Mark

• Like Like x 1
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about the teddy with so much sentimental meaning being lost and the hotel’s lack of caring and assistance. I hope you get it back :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    374B4E6C-E35C-43D4-8667-6C373E02F446.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  8. sabrina

sabrina Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that is awful and on Mothers Day. I hope they find the bear.

9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They sent security up to do a report. They said that loss mitigation or some other group would call me with the results of their investigation in 7-10 days.

He asked if I wanted to write a report. I told him no, I just told you the whole story. I don’t want money off my room; I want an honest effort.

We lost a book here last year. The pool guys had to go find it for us in lost and found because everyone else kept saying that they could not find it.

My hopes are not high...

10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Park Theatre for Cher.

The guy next to my wife is crushing his zits.

The lady next to me is screaming to start the f$:&ing show.

Other than that, the seats are fine.

• Wow! Wow! x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Sunfish8

Sunfish8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh gross!,,,,

12. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DEAAFF5B-9FFB-4C2F-BA20-AF931CD1A80F.jpeg

Cher started about 30 minutes after the appointed time. The lady beside me finally left when Cher talked for a minute. She was nasty the whole time:

The show was very good. It hit all the seasons of her career in one way or another. Some songs were shortened but st least were in the show.

There was a good bit of time for costume changes; that was similar to the last time we saw her. I thought this show was better overall.

My wife really enjoyed the show.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at a craps table until about 2 a.m. I had a decent night...I came back to the room with most of the money I had when I left.

I did put $50 on the Caps over the Lightning. They won and now my ticket is worth $130.

I will put money on the Rockets tonight

14. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    13303B6D-C4C8-42DB-9A92-107D8AE7AB2B.jpeg

Bloody Marys at Aria Cafe

• Like Like x 3
  15. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aria Cafe was good...not great, but solid. The Bloodys were a couple of dollars for the added shrimp and bacon; myvegas covered the $12 original cost. Those were good.

The morning gambling session was not as good as last night. I tried a bit of roulette and went through $200 pretty quick.

The numbers are in so far:

Points = 49,007
    MLife won/loss = $3,000+
    Money/Chips/Ticket won/loss = >$1,700

My count is more accurate...

Looks like the last piece of the bankroll stays in the bank...we have enough on hand to cover today and tomorrow’s gambling budgets.

I’d like to having a winning craps session. My wife was ahead on the slots this morning by $300 or so...but I sucked at the tables...

Pool time!! My lady will join me after her workout. I am going to start 12 ounce curls shortly...

We did decide to try Javier’s here tomorrow instead of Searsucker. Tonight is Hell’s Kitchen...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about the teddy situation. Really sucks. They better do their best to resolve it

On to the positive note: I hope you get that winning craps session today! A good, fun win erases the previous duds.

Oh, and I don't drink, so no question the shrimp in the beverage threw me off, lol.

And may the remainder of the trip be a good unforgettable!

• Like Like x 2
  17. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The little things...

My wife really likes the ability to play music videos on the treadmill while she works out. It is one of her favorite Aria “little things”...damned if they are not working so far this trip.

She is obviously not upset about this first world problem, but it is a bummer when the “little things” you are used to don’t happen the way they should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same service issue with Sky Suites. There was nothing they could do to resolve my issue I just wanted someone to act like they cared. No one ever did.

19. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The young "kids" at the pool last year when my wife lost a book showed the most "Spirit of Service." The one who did the most work is still here and he had made a lot of money off of just caring. My wife tips him $20 just for being him. The guys at lost and found were security people and they were kind of asses. When my wife told him that they did not find the book, he said that they were wrong, he took the book to lost and found because he did not know who it belonged to, and he went and looked for it and brought it back.

She is still reading the same book. I think she will finish by 2030.

Anyway, that is all we wanted...someone's best effort. That does a lot to resolve issues even if they can't really be fixed.

I wonder what the over.under is for me actually getting a call from "risk management" in "7-10 days"...

20. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm feeling every bit of my bucket of beers...

Time to get ready to go to Hell....'s Kitchen!

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.