1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

maxev Live TR Vegas is never really over 6/22-late July

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by maxev, Jun 22, 2022.

1. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Since leaving Vegas this past Monday, I went on a whirlwind two-day jaunt to visit family and see my cousin visiting from Amsterdam as well as meet her new Dutch boyfriend (well, they've been dating 1.5 years and live together and bought a house together and have a dog together, and I've seen their relationship start and grow via weekly Zoom calls, but this was the first time meeting in person).

Last night ended with limoncello shots and a possibility of being tasered by law enforcement.

45F40C93-103A-45B9-9D38-BE3C4E1EC823.jpeg

And now, two days after I left Vegas, I'm heading to…

A707C842-B3AE-4762-881F-487ABDDE5E4E.jpeg

Well, you know where.

Still haven't been home, stlll haven't experienced this summer's record heat and humidity in Chicago (thank goodness), and still haven't dealt with the aftermath of my ant infestation.

And I would've been home by now, if flights weren't so expensive.

Felt like a good time to restart with a fresh TR with more wins/less losses, dental horror, and maybe a job offer (?).

So you can expect more of the same as prior TRs -- lots of food pics of an unhealthy diet, long introspections about inconsequential stuff, and analyses of the meaning of Mel Gibson in my dreams.

But what will be different (I hope):
    • more poker and a tourney or two
    • more blackjack so I can call for monkeys instead of cows
    • less slots, particularly cow
    • less video poker, but yet...
    • ...at least one royal (way overdue now)

And what will be new (I double hope):
    • July 4th fireworks from Cosmo fountain view balcony
    • read a book (I’ve been carrying one around since April)
    • a workout regimen, taking you into the seedy world of Vegas hotel fitness centers from someone who was never in shape to begin with
    • a new screenplay... I mean, I haven't written in years, but let's try to get back to it, shall we? Just a couple pages a day over the length of this TR, and I'll have a first draft

And somewhere in between, will dig up photos of a fun desert hike from last year and talk about preempting a Binion's haunting.

Sadly, no pets around to launch the TR, but here was a delicious root beer float with cookies & creme I had yesterday. With hot fudge on the side.

397D63B1-43D9-4C93-B968-804D9954BAC0.jpeg

And here's one of the many bathroom monkees that will help me at the tables.

3D6EF465-E5D2-4177-B82D-355073BB60E6.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
    • Love Love x 6
  2. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you there July 10.

I'd say IF you're still there...but we all know by now you will be.

Wynn parlor Tower Suite can't wait
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer A gentleman and a scholar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome home!!

Calling for Monkeys really helped me. Maybe you should start calling for cows at the actual machine.

More pink drinks!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you going for a Tolkienesque trilogy? Lord of the Comps?

Hope to see you again over the 4th...

Have a great Round Two.

Fireworks from a Terrace - first time and while I can
    Use 'Em If You Got 'Em
    • Funny Funny x 6
  6. tennis

tennis Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EE925557-58BA-4109-95F2-555CB9BA765E.gif

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. JaDubya

JaDubya High Roller? Nah...just a Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @maxev - just curious. How many days in 2022 have you been outside the Nevada border?

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Green Valley Ranch reinstated their free shuttle between the hotel and the airport. I knew I’d be cutting it close since it leaves every 2 hours, with the next one at 5pm.

It’s 5:07pm and figured I’d go down to check Level 0 anyway. Then either Uber ($21) or Lyft ($16) or wait till 7pm for the next shuttle.

Limos and other hotel shuttles but no GVR. Veered right and saw one shuttle pulling out… and it had a piece of paper stuck in the side window that slowly came into focus. It said Green Valley Ranch!

Caught the eye of the driver, and he seemed happy enough to stop. He was going to get out, but I said I can just bring my bags onboard, which I did.

B171BDD9-205D-44D2-9E1D-2779B4BBC23E.jpeg

Two people were onboard talking about selling Medicare insurance and how it’s booming in Henderson.

Made it to GVR in record time.

Either this is the start of a lucky trip, or I blew all my luck catching this shuttle instead of cows.

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 5
  9. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a chance to upgrade to this…

C7C3EB00-70A4-4AF3-A6D5-8A3A11103B81.jpeg

But stuck with this…

1C123E84-5912-4443-AF0E-07D6CB56F948.jpeg 9D3242D2-7A42-4DE7-96E1-2FD24D0AB3CC.jpeg
    99D617C9-03F9-40AE-A3DF-EFAC6A9019DA.jpeg DFFEA67F-939D-41A7-9A82-16F7E2A4E4D6.jpeg
    01AEFE65-B1AF-48E7-B0BA-3D92E7111576.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They must have been insurance salespeople selling Medicare Supplements or Medicare HMO plans. Maybe a new insurer entered the market.

Can't sell traditional Medicare. You get it at 65.

Fireworks from a Terrace - first time and while I can
    Use 'Em If You Got 'Em
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer A gentleman and a scholar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHAT!? You screwed yourself out of SAVING $500!?!? Tsk tsk.

The room looks nice anyway! Maybe not the view, but the room looks good.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy your reports no matter what games you play, but now that you’re ostensibly playing some table games, I’m looking forward to this one even more!

Only thing I’m hoping to avoid is irrelevant conversations about Medicare insurance lol ^ (I mean who really gives a shit) but rather, let’s see some big chip stacks as you’re due. Can’t wait to follow along!

Bally's 7/8 - 7/12
    • Like Like x 1
  13. huskermike

huskermike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finally joined this board because of your last trip report. Following along until I arrive in a little over a week.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now I'm dieting/eating healthy until I can get to vegas and eat based on your food recommendations/pictures. I already made resos for Milos. For now, i'll just stare at the food pics.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    More pink drinks!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yay! You’re back! I love following along and getting my daily dose of maxev posts.

Now either find that dang Unicow or get a Super Grand ball, please!:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Vegas daytripper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Never Ending Trip Report, part II

Labor Day weekend
    • Like Like x 4
  17. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear lord welcome back, it has been so long since you left.

• Funny Funny x 10
  18. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALSO: "I would have been home by now if flights weren't so expensive"...but since they are, I am back in Vegas to lose thousands of more dollars.

You are truly my hero, even if you wear flip flops.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Took a 2-hour nap, then met a friend at Lucky Penny.

He watched me eat salmon while he drank two Jam Sessions. I had the Tranquiltea after shuddering at the Pool Season, which contains limoncello. After last night’s shots at my aunt’s house, I don’t think I can ever stomach another limoncello.

0D754BC5-4411-48C4-B50F-129C5CA39906.jpeg 8F99D896-773F-4755-921D-368AE7C12F21.jpeg
    FB77507C-EF6B-40A1-804D-5F589612C543.jpeg 558CB8E9-588A-448D-AB94-15DB8C6C37F5.jpeg

Salmon was okay.

When asking for the bill, he said he’d take the drinks since he didn’t have any cash and I’d tip at the table.

Then when he paid for the drinks, he forgot that I tipped and double tipped.

Maybe that would give us some luck at the tables?

i grabbed a chai tea with oat milk and orange cranberry muffin to go (slim pickin’s at the pastry counter), then we headed to blackjack.

This friend last borrowed $200 from me and ran it up to $13k. He doesn’t count cards, and GVR security was watching him like a hawk. He was first base and would suddenly bet $500 when he felt like it. I was third base and overheard security discuss him as they backed up the tape and watched how he came in. They said he’s just getting lucky, that he did the same thing a few months ago.

Unfortunately, it didn’t happen a third time.

He fared better than I did, maintaining while I won just two hands and lost a buy-in ($200).

71051846-F91D-4D0B-B7F9-AE3254762DCB.jpeg

GVR has the Play On portable ATM devices at the table… at a 7% fee. Crazy. Wouldn’t you make it the same as the ATMs that are 20 yards away? I understand convenience, but why not gradually eff the player and get them used to it?

I walked to the ATM with the $5.99 fee, did another buy-in, and lost that pretty fast as well.

Looks the same, but this is the second buy-in ($200), plus another $100 to double, which I lost.

974CAE1F-9A58-4407-8C71-3423C27C32BE.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  20. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a miserable double deck blackjack session (but at least 3:2). This is sort of par for the course for me, losing at the start.

My record losses in a row (no ties) is 14. I used to play heavily online and saw the 14 in a row in the game history transcript. Sometimes I’ll keep playing when I get close to that, to see if I can beat the record.

At this table, I counted to 7 losses before my drawn 21 tied with the dealer’s drawn 21.

It was so bad, the dealer paused extra long with an Ace showing. I said, are you looking for a verbal response? Oh, you’re trying to tell us something.

Could it be the dealer was counting and the deck was full of 10s?

We ignored her and didn’t take insurance. She didn’t have blackjack, but she won anyway.

For her part, she kept saying “shit” when I’d lose. I guess that sympathy made the losing better.

• Like Like x 3