1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

maxev Live TR isn't it about tyme to Wynn in Vegas 6/6-6/10

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by maxev, Jun 6, 2024.

1. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My next door neighbor has this at the base of her door.

IMG_7337.jpeg

A few weeks ago, I could overhear her talking on the phone to someone:

"I can’t say what I really feel because they’d put me in a psych ward. I want family around me and I don’t have family. Yesterday I tried to kill myself and then I thought what am I doing. My father is using again. I don’t like him but he’s my dad. My best friend is drinking all the time. I’m hungry and I’m not eating because I can’t afford it. I stand in the food line and a guy in front of me offers me something but it’s not enough."​

What a mess, glad I'm not dating her! I anonymously slid a food gift card under her door, and I think that’s about all I can do without getting involved.

So far I haven’t picked up any decomposing smells, and I figure as long as the little statue is still there in front of her door, she’s still alive.

At Harrah’s Joliet, a guy across the hall from me was hacking up an elephant. He would wretch for a couple minutes, pause, then resume. I contacted the front desk to do a wellness check, which they did and stepped into his room before giving the okay.

So basically you can say I saved two lives recently and I’m a hero in flip flops instead of a cape, and now it's time for two heroic handpays in Vegas.

My cousin was in Vegas last week to celebrate his birthday (i.e., status match and eat through all his birthday comps), and he also drank his way through, judging from how he stocked his car:

IMG_8210.jpeg

The empty iced tea bottles were to hide bringing cheap whiskey into restaurants.

Me, my luggage will be my usual boring roll-on and backpack. But I finally get to pack flip flops!

This is a quick weekend trip for a slot tournament, where it's about time to win for a change. I've yet to ever cash in this Wynn tourney with Cleopatra and her balls that you touch.

A text from my new host...

IMG_8199.jpeg

As Morales said in A Chorus Line, I felt nothing.

Old host was the one who messed me up a couple times by forcing me into a smoking room and not booking me for a tourney. So no love lost there.

New host, let's see, can maxev get away with getting fed Sinatra steak?

IMG_8199.jpeg

Nope, but worth a shot. Keep asking till they say no. Looks like my meals will be Caffè Al Teatro grilled cheese, which is perfectly fine by me.

The previous tourney of this type came with $200/night food (that was the one where old host dropped the ball), but my play dropped since then and now I'm down to the bare bones tourney.

As discovered during a trip with heavier play, Wynn's comp room rates are astronomical -- over $1000 for a Monday night (more than regular room rates), and I'm always going to be overcomped there since I can't play enough to cover that, not to mention any backend food charges.

I'll play (also for the tourney drawing and a Cadillac drawing next month), but I won't be going crazy because I've been hard hit with recent gambling.

Then once winning the tourney and drawing, I'll celebrate Sunday with a regular room at Harrah's (where I move for one day).

Stay:
    • Wynn
    • Harrah's

Win:
    • cow handpay
    • drawing win
    • royal handpay
    • slot tourney win

Revel (no actual Wynn Revelry since too expensive):
    • 8 East
    • Caesars -- $600 Diamond Elite flight reimbursement
    • Caffè Al Teatro
    • Circa freeplay
    • Master Class Connossieur Series: chicken
    • Connossieur Series: desserts
    • Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen
    • Grimaldi's
    • Mirage freeplay
    • Palms freeplay
    • poker (WSOP summer action is the best, will try to squeeze in a game)
    • socks
    • Taylor Tomlinson

Gloom:
    • dentist

My family recently unearthed some mazes I used to draw when I was a kid. I know I was 11 years old, since I'd signed and dated them like I knew I was going to grow up to be the best maze artist this side of the Mississippi.

Here’s one, which you can do while I petition the New York Times to add mazes to their puzzle section.

IMG_4965.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 18
    • Wow! Wow! x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Jer

Jer “You Just Made the List, Buddy”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upload_2024-6-6_11-13-53.jpeg
    So many 7s!!!!! And get those socks my friend…

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 #FBAmbassador

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should stop at Caffè Al Teatro to see if they restocked on chocolates to bring home :D

Another 21st Birthday Extravaganza #IYKYK
    Monkeys at #FabulousFB
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Foreshadowing, but the least he could've done was arrange it so there were three 7s in a row!

Can't wait to see if your birthday stash skews their ordering numbers for next quarter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to mail a letter (what is mail? what is a letter?).

IMG_8477.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No mailboxes, but fancy places to sit.

IMG_8491.jpeg
    IMG_8478.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg
    IMG_8479.jpeg

Old computer keyboards, back when you coded with ink ribbons.

IMG_8490.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  7. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn’t actually have a letter to mail. The Chicago old Post Office was built in the 1920s and had been vacant the past 20 years when they started moving in companies and, my favorite, a food hall.

Like all food halls, this one reminds me of Vegas. No comps though.

IMG_8480.jpeg IMG_8481.jpeg IMG_8482.jpeg IMG_8483.jpeg IMG_8485.jpeg IMG_8486.jpeg

Went with the lunch special of two tacos, rice and beans, and a fruit cup.

IMG_8484.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  8. Cat_Bird_Seat

Cat_Bird_Seat High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your opening post…I didn’t know if I should laugh or cry…:blink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Across the street from the Old Post Office is a bee hotel, which would be appreciated by Erika “it was another great day of saving the bees” Thompson.

Stay away from me, bees, and we’ll be fine.

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8492.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. Safe travels.

• Like Like x 1
  11. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was a mess last night.

Had some McD’s while they played U2’s Until the End of the World. I think I probably want McDonald’s for my final end of world meal.

IMG_8460.jpeg

Played online blackjack the whole time (and won), then there was a medical emergency causing trains to be delayed 30 minutes. But that was just to comfort us — trains were just circling about the loop and not going to the ’burbs.

Rather than take a $35 Uber, I rerouted myself to drop off as close to home as possible, then hop an $8 Uber while risking my life on the Red Line.

Meanwhile, I’m playing $100 hands of blackjack.

Lots of ups and downs but came away with the rarest of Ws, enough to get me 26th place in the weekly Wednesday tourney. Not so much a tourney but a notice that I was one of the top 30 degens on their site yesterday.

IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg

Usually I receive this message after everything has already been lost.

After getting home, played the whole time during laundry while falling asleep, causing me to take cards on 18, and double down when I shouldn’t. If anything, I’m giving the cheating algorithm (if there is one) a workout with my unpredictability. Always looking for that elusive streak of 10 wins in a row.

Passed out a winner so no need to play this morning, but I did after 4 hours of sleep and suffered through a big downswing to get me back to my buy-in. Then when I’d accepted the small win, I miraculously hit a near-10 streak to get back to the positive), causing me to be late (consequences, yep) that I had to Uber to work, but made better when thinking what’s a $32 surge when I’m up.

It’s also my employee’s birthday today, so I had UberEats deliver surprise ice cream and a banana split from Baskin-Robbins (the bigger surprise was why they don’t offer ice cream cakes). Marisa happily delivered it from her bicycle.

His parents had a box of cookies dropped off at the office for his birthday already, so we used that to make ice cream sandwiches.

IMG_8475.jpeg IMG_8476.jpeg

And the entire time, I’m thinking I can afford this because of blackjack. I won back what I lost last week, plus a bit more. But that amount is considered in escrow, I had to play a few hands to get above this morning’s level. Which I did, so comped Uber and ice cream.

Such a bad mentality but worse is playing online blackjack period. I’ve already cashed out, sparing you any bemoaning that I’ve lost it all (that’ll likely happen next week).

• Like Like x 7
  12. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did she, by any chance, refer you as her "best friend"?

• Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @maxev consider doing the Tuscany $150 free play thing if you have time and are new there

Tahoe Visit for Tier Credit Multiplier
    Visit to Mirage Before it Disappears
  14. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that purple ice cream ube?

Tahoe Visit for Tier Credit Multiplier
    Visit to Mirage Before it Disappears
  15. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have not been to the Old P.O. since it was reopened, did not know about that fancy food hall. Nice!

Red Line is a huge No.

And no Mariena cocktails class?? (that's right they changed the name to Connoisseur Series; Master Class is easier to spell, tho).

Have a winning trip!

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scary thought!

Had a card with them a long time ago (when they'd just added their poker room -- which only lasted a few months), so probably won't stop by unless hitching a ride.

The flavor of the month -- Blue's Boardwalk Bash. Kind of like a sweet bubblegum flavor.

The food hall is definitely worth checking out!

The Mariena class is today but I don't get in till tonight. My sister's in it as we speak though.

I've done 3 or 4 Mariena classes so figure I should keep it open for someone else, but her classes are great.

• Like Like x 2
  17. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

Defiintely. Saw your sister's report; I'm jealous they got food and macarons LOL We got cashews and chocolate. :D

18. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 #FBAmbassador

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you play BJ live. Apparently FB has a $50 game with good rules.

Another 21st Birthday Extravaganza #IYKYK
    Monkeys at #FabulousFB
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a bad thing, as you might imagine if you follow these TRs. Sometimes if I see more than three friends and family members together, I think it could be an intervention and start looking for exits. Anyone else?

Never good to have online blackjack money floating around in the ether.

I'm still at work and I had a few minutes to kill before I have to leave to catch the train to the airport.

Let's just play a few hands, maybe win enough to pay for an Uber to Midway.

Two hours later and here I still am, with fuzzy vision and crooked wrists from playing way too many hands on a tiny phone screen. Cursing under my breath that double-downs never work, and it's rigged, yet why do I keep doing them. Changing my flight to a later flight. Twice. Realizing all my coworkers had already left at 5pm.

Getting a message from Uber saying rates have dropped $11 and I could still make the earlier flight if I just left now.

Down to my last $1k, I upped bets to $100 from my usual flat $50 so that I can play as fast as possible. Was down to my last $100. I'd love to say I made it all back, but I went up and down like a Bollinger Band moving average. High point was $2400 and low was $1000.

Starting point yesterday was a $350 loss rebate that turned into $1000 and then to $0. Then a deposit of $2000 that gave a bonus of $1000 that then ran up to $8600.

But back to today. Just couldn't get any headway, and when my umpteenth double-down didn't work, this time I just stopped and said, "Eff it, no more blackjack." Something I've uttered more times than the busted doubles.

Not good going into Vegas down $6400, but at least it's not $8600? And is it really even that when I deposited $2k yesterday, so essentially I'm up $200 if you don't count last week?

Stupid gambling addiction. The internal monologue never stops to convince me of the bright side.

And hey, let’s go to Vegas.

IMG_8500.jpeg IMG_8501.jpeg

• Wow! Wow! x 9
  20. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's too slow, even heads-up. I need the action.