1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Masters Golf Tournament... Advice Please

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by win4me, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The plan so far:

Have a free place to stay (loaner house in Augusta)
    Free flights OAK to ATL (SWA miles) 4/4-4/8
    Rental car-Costco Travel ($316 for 4 days)
    NEED TICKETS! Hoping for Wed. & Thursday (or Friday), but would be satisfied with one tournament day.

Looking at options for all-in packages vs a la carte tickets/badges, hospitality, parking vs transport to club, chairs, etc. Are "Hospitality tickets" worth it for $200+?

We have had a brief look into Magnolia Manor Hospitality, The Patrons Caddy, GoGlobal Events, Stubhub and would appreciate any tips or experiences you have had purchasing tickets or packages or any other advice for Masters virgins.

Thanks,
    Margie

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer to go earlier in the week and watch the practice rounds. You can get closer to the golfers and they are less tense. Last time I got tickets (it has been a few years) but the hotel I stayed at after making small talk over the phone she said she knew people and she got tickets for me and added it to the room cost.. not sure if it was on the up and up or not though lol

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't golf and am a casual fan but I've always wanted to go to the Masters. Having a free flight and room is great for you. I went to the PGA Championship in 2015, it was a great time. Face value was around $100 (I went to round 3). That included a hospitality tent access (which was appreciated, it was in the 90's). The US Open is in my area in June so I'm going to at least one round.

I'll be interested to read this thread for Master tix info.

4. Skeezy513

Skeezy513 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went a few years back. Won Tuesday practice round tickets. On the main road outside of Augusta they had plenty of people "buying and Selling" tickets. I would suggest you getting Tuesday practice round and either Thursday or Friday tournament day because on Wednesday they close the course early because of the par 3 tournament they have each year. Practice rounds are more fun. 1. you can take photos on the practice round days and 2. they players are very interactive. I watched a guy bet Phil he couldn't get up and down on a shot missed right of the green on the par 3 16th. 5 dollar bet that Phil lost and after checking his pockets, Phil asked Bones to pay "the man" because he only had hundreds! They also skip the ball off of the water on 16! it is fun to watch! Tickets cost a pretty penny but once you are inside the food and drinks are dirt cheap! The pro shop on the other hand... can do some damage if you aren't careful! Have fun! It's a beautiful place!

Attached Files:

5. win4me

win4me High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies & tips. I would like to do Mon. or Tues. but plans would not allow. I am unclear if Wed. is just the Par 3 contest so I will need to investigate further. Love the "Phil" story! Thanks again Skeezy513, legasvic, h0und10.:beer:

6. Skeezy513

Skeezy513 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think.. double check me but I am pretty sure the course closes at like noon or 1PM on Wed and you will only have access to the par 3 tournament area that is separate from the course the Masters is played on.

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have a GREAT time!!! I always watch The Masters on TV and I always feel so calm, so upscale and so cool. I even tell the family... no loud talking during the Masters!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  8. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Wednesday. there is the par 3 but, many players on the big course without the crowds practicing. I thought Wednesday was perfect. We walked over to the par 3 and it was ten deep so we went back to the big course. Its one tournament where the course is the star, not the players. We must have walked the thing 5 times.

Enjoy whatever day you go

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would assume hotels nearby are expensive if you can get one. Is Atlanta a reasonable option (looks like it's about a 2 hours drive)

10. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely don't do Atlanta - to far and way too much traffic to be driving back and forth

11. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So envious. Wish I could go. That is a bucket list trip. Quotes I got was 2k a ticket plus room and board. Didn't really look into it though so probably is a lot less.
    Have a fantastic time!

12. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be going this year, still working on the how and why of it all.

13. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have been fortunate to attend Masters many times. See my profile pic. I find Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are great days. I'd rather watch weekend at home. Range, putting green and entire course are very accessible. National is very hilly, be warned. Tuesday most of the pros are out there, but all are there Wednesday. Trust me on this, beer is so cheap, and homemade sandwich are as well. Can get both for less than one beer at any other sports event. As sportscaster Jim Nance says "like no other".

14. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually did do Atlanta due to timing issues. It wasn't so bad. We arrived very late Tuesday , did the drive early wed with no issues, spent the day and headed back fairly late to catch an early am flight back home.

Not perfect but it was the time allowed to get away from work

15. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went on wed. a few years ago,friend brought us. I think we stayed in Columbia SC the night before. I was more interested in seeing the course than watching the pros so it worked out ok.Par 3 was a good chance to see the pros up close if you staked out a spot beside a green. Free parking,well organized ,food and bev. was super cheap . We drove down and made a week out of it. One of the other highlights was seeing this huge mansion outside of Ashville NC built by some super rich family(forget who).

16. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been trying to "win" tickets for years, so far no luck. Each year you put your name in at masters.com and they have a few thousand they raffle off, you do have to pay for them.

17. tfcoach72

tfcoach72 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vanderbilt Family----Biltmore Estates (?)

18. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok great. Why not add something to the topic? Instead of just shilling for your job and adding a post that is not helpful to the original question?

19. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're being a bit caddy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He does that all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.