1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Marriott Platinum in 8 days and $432 (or less)

Discussion in 'Comps' started by xjjx, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I recently discovered an easy way to get to Platinum without actual hotel stays. Marriott awards 10 Elite Nights for each meeting/event that you book at a qualifying hotel. I've been Marriott Gold for a while now and recently booked a meeting to test this out. I booked a 30 minute meeting at a Fairfield Inn for $50 ($54 after tax). A week after the meeting I received 150 MR points and 10 bonus nights. I am now at 64 nights for the year and will be booking 2 more "meetings" to get platinum :)

What to do:
    Click on the link to the Rewarding Events page and then in the "Plan" section of the page click on the "Find a Hotel" box. Enter the city you'd like to have your meeting in, purpose of event (Business) and then check the "I need meeting/event space" box. Enter the size of your meeting (2 attendees should work) and then click the "Find" box. Leave the start date and end date blank. A list of potential hotels will be shown. Look for the location with the smallest room size--you may need to call each hotel to find out which one has a boardroom or other small meeting room. Once you've found a small meeting room, then request a quote online. You will receive a contract which you will have to fill out. You don't even have to show up for the meeting! As long as you have a contract, you will be billed and receive your 10 bonus nights.

With this method, you could basically start with no status and hit platinum by just booking 8 $50 meetings for a total of $432. Just thought I'd share this :)

Info on the program: https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/rewards.mi

Benefits to Marriott Plat at Cosmo:
    $10 FB coupon or 500 points at checkin
    Room upgrade
    Preferred line & 15% off at Wicked Spoon (This can also be stacked with the Identity BOGOs I believe)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a super savvy way to get Marriott platinum status

3. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is, is what you get worth $432?

4. xjjx

xjjx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say it's worth it if you are already Gold and close or just don't have the time/need for actual hotel stays. Comp upgrades, arrival gifts, late checkout, lounge access and breakfast for 2 are just a few of the standard platinum benefits. But whether or not it's worth it to you depends on how often you will use these benefits I suppose.

Marriott Plat benefits in general:
    https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/member-benefits/platinum.mi

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  5. momo325

momo325 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice find... i'm still in silver but will check it out just coz....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.