1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March Madness rates

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I got to looking at the calendar and if I am taking my virgin friends to Vegas with me, it has to be March, between Nascar and March Madness, I am concerned about rates, I know my play will not warrant a comp during a peak time.

Final four is the week we had planned on going, not due to that, but I am curious what kind of rates to expect to see. Currently they all are around rack rate or pretty high going that far out so I do not want to depend on what I see today as the going rate.

2. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final four is nothing compared to the first round. Maybe slightly above average, but unless something else is going on, I wouldn't expect outrageous rates.

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    book it.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback. For me it is flexible on when I can go, my buddy is limited so its based on him and his wife and that is the only week he says works at this point.

Gotta wait to really book, at least air, SWA has not opened the dates and I am not confirmed I can get off work yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, book as soon as you can just in case. No guarantee that the rates won't go up even more. I tried that with MM a few years ago. Prices never dropped and actually went up so I would recommend you book ASAP and cancel and rebook if the prices go down. At least you will be locked in with a set price so don't have to worry about prices rising.

Unfortunately the time you are looking at is one of the busier times so rates will be higher than normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Opening weekend is always pretty busy. Sweet 16/Elite 8 and Final Four weekends are just normal spring weekends in Vegas. All three weekends are in the heart of spring break season so the prices will probably not come down a ton, if at all.

7. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind March Madness is big but it's also usually spring break and potentially st patty's day (which it is this year)

Return to Greatness
  8. salemorevegaslover

salemorevegaslover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the past 30 plus yrs, a bunch of friends from several states have converged to Vegas for MM. The past 10 yrs. second round ( sweet 16) .....the first round is to crazy, with crowds, lousy drinks service and long line to bet. We have stayed all over during those years strip, off strip and condos & time share units. For the past 5 yrs., we have stayed at Westgate Resorts on Flamingo or Wyndham Resorts in Henderson. Best option for our group. Kitchen, outside pool area, BBQ pits or kitchen in condos. WE stopped the Strip YEARS ago. Prices are ridiculous, drink service are non-existence and long line to place bets. Try thinking outside the box. Vegas is not only the strip. Off strip has value. Vote with your wallet. Caveat.........rent a car.

9. Funstuie

Funstuie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sweet 16 is the best weekend for me. Get there Thursday and the atmosphere is just awesome, sports books full all day etc. This past march madness I made absolutely zero money on any game in the tournament but as there was so much other sports going on I made a decent amount back on other games.

To OP - I booked like 2 weeks in advance and got a decent rate.

10. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the info. I will book a room just to hold pricing and keep watching it. Hoping to score some comps but not going to hold out on that. We originally picked last week of March due to my kids spring break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.