1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March Madness 2016

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by wrobinson32, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seanmcsean

seanmcsean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all... looking for some advice here. We are going to be in Vegas from 15th to 21st March. 3 guys from Ireland, no clue about basketball, so our first priority will be St.Patricks's Day of course :) Only realised now that March Madness is on in the same time (please forgive my total ignorance on the game). Just beginning to realise how busy everywhere will be. My question is will most bars be charging admission, do we need to book things in advance? What are the best places to go for novices to enjoy the game & atmosphere but places that we can stay for 1-2 hours and move around a bit so not necessarily commit to for the day? Any suggestions are appreciated?

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it's going to be packed. I will be there from the 16th-22nd and it will be my first time for March Madness

Many places will have food/bev minimums to sit down and watch the games but bar hopping should be just fine

Look on the March Madness group of Facebook for a ton of info

3. seanmcsean

seanmcsean Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I am all over the FB March Madness page, great info! Thanks for the tip!

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a blast!

5. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My pleasure! I'm thankful that it was recommended to me and I've found it hugely useful in tips and tidbits. I even bought one of their shirts to wear this year.

Man I'm more fired up for this trio than any other in awhile. I love the sports book atmosphere and all the living and dying on one play is great. Multiply that by all the games and it'll be sensory overload.

I think it'll slow down my table game gambling pace too - so that way I'll be able to go full blast Saturday night through Monday when some of my buddies get in.

6. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is always my favorite trip of the year. Some years I end up spending less time than normal at the tables, but other years I gamble even more. I think the games and the non-stop action those first two days just gets me wired to gamble non-stop

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ^^^Truth^^^

UKFanatic, did you decide on the Skybox or the party?

Annual NYE trip!
  8. RockyBalboa

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to experience it!

9. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, with the MGM problems I mentioned in another thread last month, I have convinced my friends to change their reservation to Cosmo. We are considering the Hoops and Hops party but haven't decided yet. We are planning to head down to MB for lunch on Wednesday (and then go see the Welcome to Vegas Sign; touristy, but we have never done it). So if you all are around that day, send me a PM if you want to join us. You all can rub in how your team beat my team in OT :cry:

10. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do :beer:

Annual NYE trip!
  11. reef33

reef33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

It is a blast. For me, the most fun time to go to Vegas. Been going for 5 years straight, 1st 4 was especially fun for us because the Gators won all of their games the the 1st weekend. Last year they didn't even make it and now, they are sucking wind hard down the stretch again. Probably will have to beat your Cats at home to even have a prayer of getting in, but both teams are going in opposite directions. Maybe Ulis can miss the plane ride for that one, we can dream, right? ;~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.