1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

March 11-21: Celine Dion, Las Vegas, Los Angeles...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bralo20, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bralo20

Bralo20 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday was a day to drive around, take some pictures and that's it... It would be quite a slow day but I had some fun driving off road and visit Hoover Dam. In the morning we just left the hotel, grabbed a Starbucks coffee and a chocolate chip cookie and started driving. Eventually we drove towards Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. While driving to there we noticed an old railroad and found a small ancient railroad with rolling stock (though only in the weekend), we stopped there and took some pictures of the trains before continueing to Hoover Dam. We stopped at Hoover Dam to take some pictures and found a nice dirt road which lead to a deserted location near Lake Mead (Kingman Wash Road?). Again some pictures where taken and we drove back to Las Vegas.

Being in Las Vegas I noticed that they were setting up a big fair at the convention center with large cranes and construction equipment. Since I'm an assistant fleetmanager in a large construction company it's a thing that always interest me, unfortunately after inquiering about the opening times it seemed that it would only open on March 22, the day after we left town. To bad I didn't noticed the fair when I booked my travel otherwise I would have booked it a couple of days later to visit the fair. Conexpo is now marked in my agenda and I'll certainly will be back in 2014 to visit the show. From outside I noticed quite some interesting equipment that we could use but that aren't showed on tradeshows in Europe. Oh well, a good reason to be back in Vegas :D

While driving around the convention center I noticed Envy Steakhouse, a name that sounded familiar to me. Since we always like a good steak we decided to eat there later at night. Ofcourse, it didn't cross our mind that we needed to make reservations to get a table. A couple of hours later we just showed up and asked for a table. The lady looked at me like I just insulted her and started to look in her papers... Did you make a reservation? Nope. Are you staying in the hotel? Nope. Then I think we have a problem sir... Me: I travelled nearly 6.000 miles all the way from Belgium to have a steak at Envy after reading some positive reviews about this place, are you sure that you don't have a table available? The lady asked us to wait and was going to ask at the supervisor. A couple of minutes later the supervisor came back with the lady and showed us a table. He was personally taking care of us and thanked us for visiting Envy and flying all the way from Belgium to have a steak there :D Well, we certainly didn't regret stopping at Envy... The steak was one of the best I ever ate and it was cooked to perfection. The mashed patatoes with garlic and the pink peppercorn sauce went well with the steak. Envy may not be cheap but it's worth every single cent... And from now on Envy will be an obligate stop whenever I am in Las Vegas (after making reservations that is :D).

After paying the bill we went back to the strip where I left my car at NYNY, my uncle went back to the Hard Rock Café while I went to play some videopoker and some slots... Again a couple of hundreds lighter I called it a day arround midnight. This would be our last night at NYNY.

2. Bralo20

Bralo20 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some pictures:

A car dump somewhere in the middle of nowhere, used for target practise with guns (a lot a empty shells where lying arround and the cars (or what was left of them) where filled with bullet holes

[​IMG]

Having some fun with the Tahoe:

[​IMG]

Why using a dirt road if you can drive through the bushes?

[​IMG]

Trying to make some dust:

[​IMG]

Big car vs big train:

[​IMG]

A beautiful old steam train:

[​IMG]

The diesel train that still rides during the weekends:

[​IMG]

3. Bralo20

Bralo20 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas: