1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay shark reef reward

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by crap808, Sep 3, 2018.

1. crap808

crap808 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have already purchased the award and the directions say to make a reservation. Does anyone know if I can make it when I get there. Won't know schedule until I get there and wanted to know how flexible the reservations are. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't aware that there were reservations to make. When I went it was come and go as you please. Be warned, Shark Reef is wwwwaaaaayyyy in the back of the resort.

GGWU promotion and a nice dinner
    Day trip for Halloween silver strikes
  3. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can head to the Mlife desk and redeem it there instead of picking a day and reserving your tickets online.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fugsworth

fugsworth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just a placeholder thing, a quirk of being booked on the same system where they sell show tickets (which do require a fixed time, of course). They don't care as long as it's the right day.

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was under the impression that reservations were required and read one account of someone wanting to use it and finding out they were sold out when he tried to buy tickets the day of. So I used the reward two weeks ago but I did reserve tickets online using the code earlier on the day I intended to go. The system actually wouldn't let me book for the same day but after talking to the phone rep she said just book for the next day and you can still use the ticket. The person at the ticket booth kinda looked sideways about the ticket being the next day but she did go ahead and print it and I got in no problem. This was on a Thursday so I'm not sure if busy weekends would be more of a problem.

6. bwatson23

bwatson23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used this reward four (4) times dating back to 2011 or 2012, whichever it was. Never made a reservation, head right to MLIFE desk inside Mandalay Bay and get them printed out. You'll need confirmation number, MLIFE card and ID. Then you take the paper they give you and go to Shark Reef box office, they give you your two (2) tickets.

Easy peasy.

METSCHAPALOOZA19 (Buddies' kid is graduating college)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what we did last December. It's a nice reward and worth the points, but if I had to pay for two full price tickets....I'd pass.

8. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used the reward in November. I can't specifically remember if we had to select a time or if they just chose the time closest to the time I redeemed it, but the reward was essentially for the day of. I recall asking about the time and they said I had to use it by the end of that day.

I understand that they sometimes they close for special events or bookings. This is probably what happened to the person who wanted to buy tickets and was told it was sold out... although it is a bit odd to say that it is sold out.

9. crap808

crap808 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the info.

10. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the shark reef completely online. Went to the Will Call window and avoided the huge line at the box office. Had to choose a day, but the time was just a bug.