1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay Horizon suite connector room question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by acerotten, Jun 6, 2021.

1. acerotten

acerotten Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello i am looking for some information on the Mandalay Bay Horizon suite, i can see from youtube videos that there is a connector room, does anyone happen to know what type of room this is (king or 2 queen beds). I callled the Mandalay bay reservation line and they said they didn't know???

I'm looking to book a surprise birthday for my wife's 50th birthday and i want to be in the connector room and then get her to open that door where all her friends and family will be in the Horizon Suite waiting.

Thanks in advance

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paddock had a Horizon Suite, room 32 (now 57)-135. He also checked into and used the connector, 32-134. The connector was a two queen.

Not a guarantee that all the Horizon Suite connectors are queens.

Sorry for the association, but that research method appeared to be the fastest way to determine the answer.

3. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The connector is normally a 2 queen room. Like Chuck said there may be some wing a single king.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The idea is awesome. Making it all happen can be risky... something like doubling down on a soft 20 or something as crazy.

1) When you get there, the connected room option may not be available and you get a room down the hall.
    2) While checking in, your wife overhears you have a suite, etc.
    3) Room is not ready when you get there and friends/family wander around waiting to get into room - to which YOU have the key.
    4) Friends and family bump into her somehow.

Great idea... let us know how it works out.

5. acerotten

acerotten Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, i didn't realize that was the suite he used, that must be why they are cheaper than any other suite of that size that I can find.

This will take a lot of planning and will have to go to perfection to pull it off but I have her friends to help plan it as we will be staying down on Freemont for the first couple of nights so when family and friends arrive and check into MB we won't be anywhere near them. Really i would like to get the connector but understand it's not a guarantee, hopefully, Thursday morning is early enough to get those rooms together, worst case no connector and just have the suite with family and friends waiting.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you are actually waiting for the day of to book, just call and tell them you want a Horizon Suite and the associated connector.

I would think unless they were totally sold out of queen rooms when you called, you should be able to get the connector (if you are also able to get the Horizon Suite).

I don't think they would specifically block off that connector room in advance EXCEPT in the case of someone who wanted to book it as a connector. So I would think if you're booking anytime reasonably in advance, if there's a Horizon Suite available, the connector should be available.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021