1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay -early check in via app

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by K-9treatbaker, Sep 25, 2021.

1. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone,

I just received an e-mail from MGM saying I can check in early via the MGM app for Mandalay Bay. It is telling me I can do this now.

I arrive at Mandalay Bay tomorrow at about 12:30 p.m.

Has anyone used this service and does that mean, that when I arrive at MB, my room will be ready, even though it is a couple of hours before the stated check-in

Any glitches with the digital key thing? Never used that either, just trying to get used to all of this technology. LOL Sucks being geezerly. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think of it more as pre check-in than actually being checked in. It gets you into their system and you will be assigned a room when it is ready, which could be early or much later.

As for digital key issues, I've read where some hotels that use a key for the elevator can have trouble with those digital devices since the device needs an internet connection to work and we all know elevators can be a black hole when it comes to cell phone usage. Try to have the key up on your phone before getting in the elevator and you may not have an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. midliferetired

midliferetired High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can pay for guaranteed checkin but you don’t need to since most of the time I get a room early. I did it on Thursday for a MB room Friday. My room was assigned at 7am even though I put the earliest time possible in the app for 9am. It can assign the worst rooms. Most of the time I get a decent or better room. At Delano I got a low floor with a view of rooftops and other structures. At MB, I’m in the room right now it assigned me on the 6th floor. It has a view of the beach/pools and mountains/airports so it’s fine for just two nights.

When you enter (parking lot or front) you get to the elevators before the lobby. You only need to go a short distance to the lobby and use the key kiosks at the far left of the desk. There’s also one at the near corner of the VIP desk which is off in its own area. Digital keys works fine 99% of the time so it can get you to your room until you get the physical ones. If you don’t like the room assigned you’ll have to visit the lobby. It’s not further than the elevators but can be crowded unless you have priority check-in.

By the way, wifi at MGM properties is open to all. You just need to connect and accept the terms.

4. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need a room by the elevator, so I had better just check-in at the front desk unless mobile check-in has a place for special requests.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this 2 weeks ago. You get an email around 6 am telling you that you are checked in. This means you have been assigned a room. You will get notified when your assigned room is ready. If EVERY other room at the property is ready, but your isn’t, you won’t get notified until it is. I finally gave up at 2:45 p.m. and waited in line and got assigned to a different room that was ready!

Tip: Even the physical key cards sometimes don’t work in the elevators. If it doesn’t work on one side of the elevator, try the other side!

The only special request offered using on-line check-in was declining housekeeping.

They made me an offer I couldn't refuse!
    • Informative Informative x 1