1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mandalay Bay daybed/cabana

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Colesc15, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at Delano in a few weeks and plan on using Sunday as a pool day. There's two of us in late 20s/early 30s. Would you rent a chair, daybed, cabana or just go early and get some regular chairs? Daybed is $225 for the day and cabanas are a few more hundred. Not sure if there's one that's better than the other or if it's worth it. It'll be hot since it'll be nearly July. Thoughts?

2. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also.. Do people lineup to get in when it opens on a Sunday?

3. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow...a lot of variables here. First, yes, people will line up - if you have something reserved getting in line early will give you first choice of locations of cabana, chair...

As for if you should reserve something vs. just a regular chair...it depends on your tolerance for baking in the LV sun for several hours. I absolutely must have shade so something with an umbrella is a necessity.

Worth it? NO!! A tent in the sand for 6 hours cost more than a 2 br suite!! (said in a Jerry Seinfeld whine) Honestly, for me, it is worth it because I tend to lose copious amount of money gambling all day. Spending $500 on a tent for the day actually puts me ahead several grand.

Bottom line...if you plan on spending the day there and you don't want to literally bake then reserve something with an umbrella. It will be very hot, very crowded, and noisy. If you can afford the cabana I would go for that, but I like a little bit of space. The Lazy River cabanas were a fun location if those are available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Daybeds supposedly come with an umbrella for $225 otherwise the cabana by the lazy river is $550

5. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm neither in my 20s or 30s...wish I were! Mid 40s with 3 kids and we did a Mandalay Bay cabana last year and have the same one booked this year (staying at Delano this time vs. MB and also in July). We booked a West Lagoon Cabana last year and we're not disappointed. Someone made a good point that the sand was a pain in the ass, so to avoid those cabanas. We were close enough to go to the Lazy River or Wave Pool, but we were far away enough from the action too, so we could just relax. Paid $375 for our midweek West Lagoon Cabana this year. Even if I didn't have the kids, I like having a shaded spot, access to refrigerated drinks, and places to plug in our electric items. I really like having a safe too. I cheap out on a lot of things, but a cabana for pool days is not one of them.

This is the part of my trip report from last year that focuses on our MB cabana. I hope they still have the watermelon on the menu, it was amazing! https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/vegasworm-live-with-kids-mb-5-7-5-11-an-utterly-exhausted-tr.151219/page-6

Have a great trip!

Vegasworm

20th Wedding Anniversary Trip with V!
    Paul McCartney Concert and 20th Anniversary Celebration!!!
  6. Rinn

Rinn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we go we get the chairs by the wave pool. It's only 2 of us. Last year we were told that if you wanted an umbrella it would be an extra 75 charge. I found that with a tip at the checkin point at beach itself, you can get an umbrella without having to pay the extra rental fee. The tip also ensured that he was attentive to our bucket of waters and that it always had ice, he was also kind enough to rotate the umbrella to cover me when I fell asleep in the sun. The customer service at the beach area is the main reason we stay at the MB. Have Fun!

7. Colesc15

Colesc15 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much are the chairs?

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices start at $50 for a chair in front of the wave pool.

Thanks Wynn Slots!
  9. Rinn

Rinn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Middle of summer, they were $75 each. This did not include F&B. If you rent pods or daybeds at MGM the price includes foo and beverage.