1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Make Up Trip Vdara/Bellagio 11/12-16

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by rbm1, Nov 18, 2020.

1. rbm1

rbm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Missed our anniversary in May and wondered if Vegas would ever happen again for us. After finding the VMB community a couple of months back, it became apparent that we could pull this off and still have a great time! Thanks to the many folks who shared their trip experiences throughout the reopening. It truly gave me the intel I needed to make this trip a reality. Live entertainment returning two weeks ago was the icing on the cake and we went for it.
    First three nights were at a Penthouse at Vdara, followed by a fountain view king at Bellagio for the 4th night.

Day One: Javiers at Aria for Mexican. It was solid as always and definitely more crowded at 5pm than I would have imagined. Planning ahead and getting to places early is the key right now.
    Some gaming at the bars put us up $160 and then eventually on to the 9:30pm Absinthe Show. This show was fantastic and reimagined from it's original production. There are only 125 people admitted and everyone is at 2 or 4 person tables, which makes an amazing experience and feel. Vegas needs to get with it and convince the artists that this should be the model for all premium or headliner shows going forward in my opinion. Make it special, and charge a premium price for the experience. People will come.
    Day Two: Hash House a Go Go for breakfast. Get there early folks and put your name on the ipad list with the attendant in front. They are at 50% capacity and it was full before opening when we went. Took 10 minutes to get up there as they only take one group at a time. Food was awesome. Long walk followed by a stop in at the Mirage where it was Margarita and VP time. The progressive was massive on the double .25, so I took the bad pay tables in return for potential progressive payout and gave it a run. 10 minutes in the Royal hit after holding A 10. $3700. Afternoon Top Golf (reservations of course) was packed and had a blast there. Watching the Masters and hitting balls is a thing of beauty! On the walk back to Vdara, did some shopping and enjoyed the outdoors for a while. Dinner at Lago that night was fantastic on the patio. Afterwards some drinks at Baccarat bar where 4 aces and kicker gave us another jackpot.
    Day Three: Breakfast at Toms Urban followed by a long walk to the Wynn. Played some let it ride and won $260. We were out of there as we have never won cash at Wynn! Day of relaxing and hanging out and then onto Prime Steakhouse for dinner. This was the win of the trip. Even more than the gambling.....they have opened the special event terraces for outdoor dining and our table was literally on the fountains away from everyone else except one other table. Once again, reservations make the difference folks. They appreciate you confirming them as well. I think that alone gave us the special spot. That night the wife hit 2k with aces as well.
    Day Four: Cosmopolitan for Breakfast at District. Mayfair supper club that night for an early dinner before super early Monday flight. Not much gaming that day as we had moved rooms and were just resting most of the day due to the early departure. Only gave them a few hundred dollar back on the last day! We left winners. Thanks again for everyone who contributed to this board. It truly made a difference for us. Photos to follow shortly.

• Like Like x 7
  2. rbm1

rbm1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    C51C702F-CEAE-41B9-AC64-1246932D9269.jpeg 17E2D081-AC4B-41C8-A2DF-6E12CF1EADC0.jpeg
    A088A791-901D-4CAE-A9C9-69DE0D8BCFC7.jpeg 33B83E57-78B5-4A79-AA6E-B93F17C14A6C.jpeg
    2307F2CD-1202-4E61-A9B6-8FC41F54296B.jpeg 3F07BB25-BC99-454B-8DFD-C9312E3B41ED.jpeg
    9C5BF8B6-0FFB-49D1-8281-B5C6303865F3.jpeg 6B35E0EF-051C-4895-971E-1DF4E5FEFBE5.jpeg
    A086702C-3882-4133-B23B-449D1ECD7275.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  3. poidawg

poidawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip with very nice jackpots, restaurants and a show. Just like pre-Rona Vegas!

4. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

Congrats on a nice winning trip.

5. westexrancher

westexrancher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report and very nice jackpots.

6. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow - great hits on the VP and some good eating by the look of it