1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M-Life Credit Card?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by in4mation808, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mation808

in4mation808 VMB VIP Expert Picture Taker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if this is in the correct area...so mods, please feel free to move if it's not.

Does anyone have this credit card? Looks enticing being that it's automatic Pearl status and free parking at MGM branded hotels.

2. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like mine. Like you say, Pearl status and free parking. Also no annual fee, so why not. $100 bonus when you sign up.
    Also have the CET visa card. Platinum status, free parking, $100 bonus and no annual fee.
    How can it hurt to have these cards?

Super Bowl baby
  3. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A good alternative is the chase Hyatt visa. It's got a $75 annual fee (i think...plus or minus), but on your anniversary you get a free night at any Hyatt category 1 thorough 4 hotel. The sign up bonus is 2 free nights anywhere (my wife and i stacked ours for 4 nights at the andaz 5th avenue in nyc) and you get platinum Hyatt status, which equals m life gold.

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received mine earlier this year and I'm glad I did. I was able to use their VIP check in window at the Luxor a couple of weeks ago(Pearl status with the card). There was a huge line because of a conference, but no line at the other window; got my room in about 2 minutes. I have used my card to save myself a lot of parking fees the last two Vegas trips. The down side is that the interest rate for the card is rather steep, 19.9 %, I believe. I always pay my credit cards off in full every month, so the interest rate is a non factor.

Christmas comes early.....
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think they're OK, and if you have the credit bandwidth to have a couple, or you're good at getting the bonuses and then cancelling in the minimum amount of time and moving on to the next one.

But on an ongoing basis, just to do the math:

I believe the MLife and CET cards basically give you 1 cent in rewards for each dollar spent, or 1%. It's not difficult to get a credit card that has no annual fee and gives you 2% cash back.

So if you have the MLife card and get a $100 bonus,

After you've spent $10,000 on the card, you've received a total of $200 in rewards - the $100 bonus, and $100 in ECs and or Freeplay from the spend.

After I've spent $10,000, I've received $200 cash back.

After that first $10,000, from that point on, I'm getting twice as much in rewards.

Granted I'm leaving out perks like free parking, and I don't know if Platinum gets resort fees waived at CET, and that obviously has value.

6. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CET card is not as easy to make a direct comparison to other cards as it is tiered (5% @ total rewards destinaitons, 2% on gas, groceries, and airlines, 1% on the rest). Plus the CET visa has some promos during the year. I had a 4% RC for anything outside of a Total Rewards destination (5%) from Nov 1 thru Dec 31. Plus you have to charge $5000 annually to maintain platinum status. I use the CET visa on gas, groceries (and sometimes others) to get the $5000 level and use a 2% card the rest of the time. (And, of course, paying off in full each month to avoid the high interest rates).

bruce

7. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MLIFE card has he bonus (100$) plus pearl benefits like parking and line skipping. However, nobody has mentioned the other benefit of the MLIFE card which are 2x points at gas and grocery and 3x at MLIFE and these add to your tier level. So I if I may not make gold or platinum based on play and Vegas spend normally this card may help push me over the edge to achieve a level above Pearl.

That's why I signed up.

8. crm1310

crm1310 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am rather new to trying to achieve/earn comps so I am not positive on how I can use the $100 bonus on my Mlife Card. I signed up and received the bonus after 2 months. Can I use the $100 on food or free play on an upcoming trip? Or is it for hotel expenses or any of the above?

9. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use it for all of the above.

Super Bowl baby
    • Like Like x 1
  10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to earning normal comps like free rooms, etc - they come from play. Not tier. Not spending on the card.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.