1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

M&G and HL Slot Pull Thurs July 5 at Venetian

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by Chuck2009x, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This may be obvious, but the player gets control over their $200 worth right?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it's their turn, the player picks the machine, denom, per spin amount, and when to stop and cash out. You'll be standing at the machine, we probably are going to have foreign agent actually push the button, either at the player's direction (if the player wants) or foreign agent will just press the button on his own timing (with the player still controlling everything else). I really don't want to get busted for taxes on a technicality, so I want to play it a little safe with the button pushing (at least that's my current thinking).

3. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think what DeMoN was asking is... how are players' turns determined relative to their share of the pool?

E.g. Say we have 15 buy-ins, or $3,000.

It's the first player's turn.

Do they get $200 worth of play? (i.e. 40 $5 spins for $200 total coin-in)

Or do they play all they want with a "stop loss" of $200? (e.g. they either lose all $200 and it's the next player's turn, or they win and have the option to take their share of the "post-win" pot total amount at any time)

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duplicate

• Like Like x 1
  5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes this is what I was asking, thank you for explaining it better than I did originally! and sorry for the confusion Chuck

I mainly confirming the "stop loss" point; so a single person must stop if they lose their $200 buy-in, but they have the option to stop at any point during their play session? Basically, the player selects their machine, denom, and per spin amount, then you give them (or the foreign agent) $200 out of the unplayed pool money envelope to insert into the machine. Then they start to play, the session ends when either the player decided to stop and take the TITO or until the credits hit zero. Is this right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think you have it, but I'm not quite sure what the last part of your sentence means:
    The player puts in $200. They can keep playing as long as there are any credits left, and stop any time they want. If there is anything left at the end of their turn, the TITO goes into a "Bank" envelope with any/all the other TITOs that other players generate during the pull. At the end, the Bank gets split among the players equally.

My experience has been that most these decisions are going to feel pretty natural when you get to them.

Examples:
    $200 in, $10/spin
    Player gets nothing on the first 10 spins. Is he going to quit and cash out because of bad luck? Nah. But he can if he wants to.

$200 in, $10/spin
    First spin, player has a $600+ hit. Is he going to cash out? Maybe. He's allowed to, but not required to.

Maybe he cashes out right away, maybe he does a couple more spins, maybe he finishes $200 coin-in and then stops, maybe he goes nuts and ups the denom to $100 and gets felted (or hits for $10,000). It's up to him, I don't wanna put a restriction on that (because I wanna have a few drinks and it's one less rule to keep track of).

Is he maybe gonna get some advice from the peanut gallery? Yup. :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in.
    See y'all there. :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome!

10. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Chuck2009x , sometimes people even stop at $8 dollars. Oh that VV! Lol.

I wish I could be there for your slot pull. It went smooth as silk! Hell, I'd be happy to send you $200 and participate from afar!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes a LOT more sense :)

I think an easier way to think of it is that each player is basically playing with their own $200, and it's not really a "pool" of buy-ins, per se... but rather, a "pool" of everyone's winnings as we play together.

If the player loses, they still have a possibility of recovering their buy-in based on the wins of others.

And if they win, the resulting TITO goes into the "bank" envelope, and the sum of those deposits are split between everyone.

So in effect, it's like gambling with $200 of your own money. Except if you lose, you can still win.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did she really do that? I don't remember. Wait, maybe I do remember an $8 TITO, lol. :D

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you're getting the benefit of being in on more spins than you would get on your own $200 alone. More spins, better chance of hitting something big.

I think most people's reaction is, if you get into the upper hundreds or better during your turn, the instinct is to cash out; if not, play it all down. I just don't want to draw an official line.

And there's a variety of players, some play $5/$10 spin all the time and others are 90-cent players. Along those lines, I think we informally encourage a $5 to $10/spin minimum (probably $10 if you want to play VP), just because otherwise it takes too long. I don't think there's many machines in there where you can play less than $5/spin anyway. I mean, you could play 3 lines instead of all 20 on a Cleo machine, but I don't think anybody would do that. You come to an HL pull to take a shot.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TenTimesPay$

TenTimesPay$ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun. :drunk:

Anniversary Trip # 35 Years
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn @Chuck2009x darn it!!!! I can’t make it my trip is not till third week of July !!! Oh man I really wish I could be there..regardless have a great time!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. You going to see Bruno Mars? I'm pissed I'm gonna miss him by a week again.

17. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

18. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah, no Bruno mars this trip just relaxing and some partying!!:drunk:lol seeing some friends..

• Like Like x 1
  19. fiddy dollars

fiddy dollars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add fiddy dollars to the list.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, got you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.