1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lyft cost went up?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by todd7764, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm closing out a Vegas trip tomorrow and I noticed that my Lyft budget got blown up this trip. I can't objectively measure it, but it seems like it cost 15-20% more using Lyft than previous trips. Has there been a price hike?

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It could have been surge pricing? did you notice that at all when you went and booked a ride?

3. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lyft rates have not increased, they are still the same and the same as Uber .90 cents a mile plus .15 cents a minute.

It is possible that some of your rides were increased due to prime time rates. Lyft's PT rates is the same thing as Uber's surge pricing. PT and surge rates will increase during periods of high demand.

Look at your ride history in your Lyft rider app and check the fare breakdown for each of your rides. If there was a PT charge it will list it as Prime Time in the fare breakdown.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were going to take a Lyft downtown from PHo the Saturday of the fight, but Lyft popped up a primetime pricing of 50% more. We did the math and was quicker and cheaper to grab a cab.

I also had a Lyft driver follow the GPS directions to PHo from the airport, which brings you to the FRONT of the hotel and not the valet/drop off area. It added a little bit more because we had to backtrack, so to speak.

5. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never noticed surge pricing, I guess it just worked out a bit more for whatever reason.

6. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your ride history will show if you were charged Prime Time. In the screenshot below the second line shows a 50% PT charged on this trip.

IMG_1178.PNG

7. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That weird because we took Lyft in February from the airport to Planet Hollywood and the pickup/drop-off point was up the sidewalk from the bell desk. That also was the same place we were picked up for the return trip to the airport.

Mark

8. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could it be the mandatory fees/taxes have increased? In my city while the fare went down a few cents, the mandatory booking fee and city fees (I call taxes( went up 10-15%.

10. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only mandatory fee increase for Lyft in Las Vegas was the service fee went up .15 cents, $1.70 to $1.85 per ride.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.