1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor Premium Two Queen Pyramid Room

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by SAll11, Feb 12, 2020.

1. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can get 4 nights comped and upgrading to this room is only like $5 a night plus resort fees. It will just be a friend and I do it doesn’t need to be more then a place to sleep and get ready. Only real requirements are MLife, 2 beds, and preferably a mini fridge. We want to stay Sunday-Thursday and checkout on Friday so 5 nights total so we would pay for 1 night here.

Would you do this or take an offer for 3 nights at NYNY, Mirage, or Park MGM and pay for 2 nights.

How are the 2 queen premium pyramid rooms?

Or would you split your stay and take 3 nights free at Park, NYNY, or Mirage and then switch to Luxor for 2 cheaper nights outta pocket.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's not too costly, I'd probably go with Park and be a little closer to the action.

2nd would be take the Luxor room.

Last would be move hotels, as that's the last thing I would want to be doing on a short trip, and I usually move 2/3 times on my summer jaunts :)

Back to Nomad for a longer stay
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a little quirk in this, in that I've been finding that if I want to book a stay that's longer than my offer covers, I get a really deep discount on the additional nights.

So whichever hotel you pick for your comp stay, you may find that the additional nights at the same hotel may be cheaper than what you can get with the 10% Mlife discount at a 2nd hotel. Plus add in the cost in time and money of moving, it's a pain in the ass.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the hotels you mentioned have fridges except in some suites, and renting one will add somewhere between $15 - $25 a night unless you can schmooze your way into a free one.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020 at 12:58 PM
  4. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Chuck said above me, they give you big discounts on rooms when you stay after using your comp nights. Before I would say move down to Park MGM, I think you really need to go on line and look at all the total costsPark may give you a good deal for the remaining nights and you may only wind up spending $50 more than you would have at Luxor.

5. andyg99

andyg99 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure the 2Q Pyramid room does not have a mini-fridge. The only rooms I have had a mini-fridge at the Luxor is the one or two bedroom tower suites...

Vegas Trip #40!!!
    Annual Christmas Time Vegas Fun!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The pyramid corner suites have mini fridges in them.

7. andyg99

andyg99 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know! I balked on reserving one of those suites in lieu of a tower suite recently because in the rooms description on the website they didn't list a mini fridge... it's been years since I stayed in the pyramid and have been wanting to do it again for a while for nostalgic sakes!

Vegas Trip #40!!!
    Annual Christmas Time Vegas Fun!!!!
  8. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can just stay in the tower suites instead of the pyramid I would do that. The rooms are so dated. Still have the old Egyptian theme and are in a state of disrepair, unless they have been completely updated in the last year. The sofa was uncomfortable to sit on, the A/C barely worked, the television had enough static and lines on it to remind me of an 80s tv, the big tub was well worn as was the tile around it, and the room was generally very dark because of the lights or lack of. The best thing about the room was the bathroom. I don't think every other room would be 100% better than mine was so I'm guessing its kinda the norm.