1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor Deposit

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jam13rel, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at The Luxor Hotel next month for 5 Nights and I wonder if anyone can explain to me how the deposit (when you check in) works?

I spoke to Luxor today and they seemed confused by the fact that I have booked my trip through Low Cost Holidays. They advised me to contact Low Cost to find out if they (The Travel Agency) would require the deposit.

I thought the hotel would require either a CC to place a hold on or cash?

Can anyone help?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty much all hotels require a deposit when you check in.

If a credit card, no big deal at all. There is another thread (actually many) about this if you scroll down a week or two. Credit card holds are nothing, unless you have a very low limit card.

Debit cards are different. I would personally never, ever use a debit for stuff like this.

They can take a $1,000 deposit from me. Who cares?

3. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a difference between deposit and credit card hold.

I'm assuming you pre paid the full amount for your room from the third party. If not you will owe the balance upon check out. That's why they were confused about deposit. When you book through them they chase a cad the first night right away as a deposit and the other nights are due upon check out.

Luxor will put a hold on your CC for prob $200-$300 for the stay. If you charge nothing to your room it will just go away in a few days. You will never see it on a bill or statement. If you use a debit card they will take the money as a charge and then refund it later, not ideal.

4. HollisTheCat

HollisTheCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Luxor requires a $50 a day hold CC or cash. If you opt to give cash, you will not have room charging privilege.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%. Luxor is confused because of the word "deposit". The vacation is booked through a 3rd party so any deposit would be paid to the 3rd party. "Cash or credit card hold for incidentals" is what you need to ask the Luxor about.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry... did not even think about the prepaid room as that is not as common.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.