1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor 9-7 to 9-10

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Jayhawk Fan, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Following your TR, enjoy & win.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So very sorry for your loss...yes, this trip will be a little different than in the past (last week was my 1st trip since I lost my husband in February) So I understand your concern. Hope you have a great trip & appreciate the good memories made there....seeing certain things or being in certain places will trigger memories but that can be a soothing thing too. Appreciate you taking us along....hope you win big!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the airport.. Traffic and security was super light. Wheels up in less than an hour and wheels down in Vegas 3 hours after that.

Did manage A37 without early bird check in. That definitely doesn't happen pre-covid.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woohoo! on the ground in vegas... waiting for luggage and then off to get the rental car.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for your loss. Here’s to you having the VEGAS trip of a lifetime. I’ll be watching

Get PAID!

6. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rental Car was a breeze. Rented through Sixt and got a fully loaded Volvo S90 for $129 for the trip. Never driven a Volvo before but it's pretty nice.

Sitting at In-N-out now.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry for your loss. Have a wonderful trip.

Belated 40th Anniversary Trip
  8. VegasBhoy67

VegasBhoy67 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mmmm in and out - have a great trip and hope the dice gods are rolling your way

9. martinr

martinr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice rate for that Volvo, especially on weekdays! Is Sixt at the airport rental car facility?

10. Necrochaos

Necrochaos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Jayhawk Fan - sorry for your loss. Good luck on your strip. We just got back from 9 days and had a great time. Luxor was good. We had a Pyramid King this time.

Public House is open later in the evening and has some great wings!

11. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it is.

12. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after lunch we ran downtown to take advantage of SW promo and Richard Wilks promo at the D.

D craps table was $25 min. Put 25 and a match play on the line and set a point of 5. Next roll 7 out. Great start! Set up the line bet again... winner 7. Did the 3rd match bet winner 7 again. Decided to play out that roll and hit a few numbers and end up $125. Lol wasn't how I normally play craps but the goal was to churn the match plays and I did.

My brother did his playing blackjack and he got dealt a pair of Aces... pushed out another 25 for the split and got paint on both... the dealer also got dealt a pair of aces on that had. Next hand he is dealt a pair of 8s. splits and gets a 3 on the 1st hand... doubles down and 21. The other hand gets a face card and the dealer busts. He walks away from blackjack up 125 also.

His GF used hers on roulette and ended up 25 when she crashed out.

Played a little Sigma Derby and turned $5 into 12.
    20200907_124116.jpg

walked to the mob museum but it was super busy.

Downtown Grand had $10 craps min
    4Q had $5.

Phone is about to die. I will update more later.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So after our jaunt downtown we came back to check in to our suites at luxor.

I had checked in on the mobile app and my room was ready right before 3pm. My brother refused to check in on the mobile app cause he wanted to make sure we got rooms somewhat near each other.

He stood in line for 45 mins and his room was not ready. They came up to my room and we hung out for a bit and then headed out to gamble and grab a bite to eat. This was around 530pm and he stopped to check on his room again... still not ready but they agreed to waive his resort fee.

We went off an age and then gambled some and before we knew it was 830pm and he still hadn't heard about his room. He went and followed up again and they promised him it was almost ready. He was not a happy camper and he let them know about it. They ended up giving him a couple hundred in resort credit which seemed to satisfy him and he did get his room about 30 mins later.

So I have gambled plenty of times at Luxor but have never stayed here before. I am usually at Mandalay Bay or MGM Grand. I am pretty happy with the room overall.
    20200907_224904.jpg 20200907_224914.jpg 20200907_224823.jpg 20200907_224835.jpg 20200907_225005.jpg 20200907_225014.jpg 20200907_224928.jpg 20200907_224938.jpg 20200907_224805.jpg 20200907_224814.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

If it is any consolation, I also lost my wife this year. After missing her last seven months, I'm finally starting to accept things. Just returned from 2-week trip out west and felt pretty good. Not nearly the loneliness I had experience earlier.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our time out gambling I bought into a $15 craps table at Luxor for $500 and lost it all in about 15 mins. I then sat down at a bubble craps machine with my brother and his gf and completely screwed around with a bunch of small bets and some silly larger ones and lost another 150 in about 45 mins. Not a great start at Luxor.

Decided to give the actual table one more go when some spots opened up at the other table I hadn't played on earlier. Bought in for another $500. 1st 2 shooters didn't do much but I hit enough place bets to be about even. The dice got to me and I had a decent roll only made 2 points but when the seven came I was missing the 3 and 11 for the ATS and had a bit over 1500 in the rack. The next 2 shooters were complete busts and I cashed out at $1350.

We then headed over to NYNY cause my brother wanted to play faceup paigow. Was a $25 dollar table and I sat and flat bet with him for about an hour and just BSed and then his GF just about fell asleep at the alot behind us so we decided to call it a night. Made $100 there.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did pretty good for the most part today. There were definitely a few things that made me think of her bit those were good memories. However, sitting in the room by myself right now I am definitely experiencing some different emotions.

• Love Love x 4
  17. Necrochaos

Necrochaos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craps is a rollercoaster right? I had a lot of these type of sessions last week. Glad you were able to turn it around.

I feel that Luxor's suites are pretty nice and worth the stay if you can get one comps.

Good luck the rest of the way!

18. BoVegas

BoVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info on downtown craps minimum, headed to The D Sept 24-Oct 1, in process of learning to play craps. Win Win Win

19. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jayhawk - have you had a chance to check out the pool? I'm curious on how crowded/empty it is... I'd imagine since it's post-Labor Day the crowds will have dwindled significantly....

Vegas Trip #43!
  20. Jayhawk Fan

Jayhawk Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not, but we are getting ready to walk to the car so should have a good view of the pool area then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.