1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Low Playing Not Staying

Discussion in 'Comps' started by tscradj, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tscradj

tscradj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick question, I’m a black chip blackjack player and the Cosmo has taken care of me quite well over the years. I’m headed into town this weekend for a poker trip.

I’m not staying at the Cosmo, but we are seeing a show there. If I sit down and play 15 minutes of penny slots, or play 5’s at the blackjack table will this bring down my average and negatively affect my future offers?

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just dont use your card.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tscradj

tscradj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m a moron. Thanks for pointing out the obvious lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem, but by the way, the way it works is they want you back, and give you offers in the hope you will come back...I wouldn't really think too much about making them happy, it's the other way around. If you did go in and use your card and played very little, they would assume you played somewhere else, and just might increase your offer to get you back.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm of the opposite opinion, as with others. If you used your player's card and played very little IMHO the Cosmo would assume you played elsewhere and would decrease your comps, not increase them.

6. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps, if he had used comps and low played, that would surely happen, just walking in and playing for a short time, I doubt it. Comps are funny things, sometimes you give little play and get surprising offers, and other times you give a place a lot of action and they cut you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Lmarl72936

Lmarl72936 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree w/ giving them low play, not taking any comps and hoping they give you surprising offers.
    If you use your card and low play them, it will 100% affect your THEO therefore greatly reducing your offers.
    I have been a victim of this many times and the low play that you do will not give u any improved comps or offers that would
    make it worth a gamble.
    good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. darrenfromindy

darrenfromindy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree that it's best not to use your card if you plan on low-rolling. My income fluctuates greatly and there are trips where I avoid places I enjoy playing at because I want to preserve my "Average." For low-rolling trips, I like TI, Gold Coast, Orleans and a few others. I can find 3:2 blackjack at low minimums at those joints, and they have nothing to offer me that I really want other than good gaming and comped booze.

9. tscradj

tscradj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: I ended up playing an hour of green chips and lost $500.

When I got my offer today they upped me from 4 nights + 50 identity play to 4 nights + 150 identity play + 100 dining credit. That’s tied with the best offer I’ve ever received.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Low play to get you back discusson:

If you low play, a human (host) might think they need to do something to get your back.

The master computer will just average it into your ADT and screw you over as to offers over the next few months to a year.

Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you use your card?

12. tscradj

tscradj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, I had some extra cash and figured I’d see what would happen to comps. Pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

13. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad it worked out, I'm not sure it was because of that recent trip though, usually there is a lag of a month at least while their programs update.

14. tscradj

tscradj Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip was in July and my offers were the same every month until this one

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo generates an offer pretty quickly after a trip.

Main things I see that probably helped you are:
    • Your play session was a walk in rather than while you were staying there (especially on a comp)
    • $500 is a pretty healthy loss in an hour, green chips or not. Shows them you don't have a glass jaw.
    So, "$500 in an hour on a drive by? Yes, we would like you to stay with us again!"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.