1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Losing free play at Golden Gate

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Meadows gal, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Meadows gal

Meadows gal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I came to town and found out that my free play has been slashed in half and I lost five dollars on my comps. I do not believe this is play related rather a reduction in the amount offered and wondered if anyone else has had this experience. When I was enjoying my Coney Dog I overhead other people coming in there upset as they had been cut as well. One gentleman got two dollars in comp food from GG. I would be embarrassed to offer that if I were Derek Stevens. Any thoughts anyone? Please note my play is at the same level as it has always been. I never see my host anymore period. They now share hosts with the D and they tend to stay over there.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was off their list but played there(BJ) for maybe 20 min last trip, just got offered 3 nights, $15 food, $20 free play. Anyone know if I can use the food and freeplay without staying there?

3. MGinCO

MGinCO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play very little there, about twice a year, just stopping in, and I still get...
    6 free nights for Sep/Oct
    $30 Food and Beverage credit ($15 ea month)
    $80 slot play, divided 4 trips. ($20)

So, I am not a big spender, but this works for the little I do give them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Meadows gal

Meadows gal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped staying there with the noise level and still gamble there and have not had trouble using the comps at the D for food nor the free play. I have had trouble getting my mailers which is why it took me by surprise with the cut.

5. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My comps completely stopped in May. I was getting $50 matchplay and $20 food and 4 nights anytime every 2 weeks. I never played that much there but it wasn't too small. Not sure if it was because I would just go in and grab the food and the matchplay without staying. Although I was actually staying there but under the room comp of my friend. I'm kinda happy about it though, as I had terrible luck with the matchplays (I think I'm actually down about $100 of my own money).

• Like Like x 1
  6. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine changed from $100 promo chips per month to $50 per month about three months ago. I go about 4x per year and have not changed my play.
    I didn't really pay attention to rooms or F&B.

NFL Divisional Round Weekend
    Indigenous Peoples Day Getaway
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My play at GG has been steady for years (a few hours of play, generally only one day per trip), and so were my comps---3 comp nights per month, $15 F&B each month, and $20 slot play ($10 each half month). My play at The D has fluctuated wildly, depending on whether or not I can take the ear-shattering decibel level of music during a trip, and my offers reflected my play. I would go months at a time without any offers, then get offers for a few months.

When I read that the GG and The D players cards were merging, I had a feeling that would be the end of my GG comps, since they would be combining my play at both properties. Sure enough, I now get zero comp offers for GG. :cry:

8. Hundley Fan

Hundley Fan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you know that if your trip happens to overlap the split in the month, you can use both of your slot play offers for the month? I've done it before. My FP was always $20/month, and I've used $10 on the 15th of the month and the other $10 the next day, on the 16th.

9. Patman

Patman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update to my previous post. I got a mailer for Sept and Oct today. From 4 nights anytime every 2 weeks, to nothing, now back at 3 nights every 2 weeks. Might have been a glitch on the changeover of the players club. I expected a drop, just hadn't expected nothing.

10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offers at GG "jumped" to four nights per month for September and October; it had been three for the longest time.

Free slot play jumped to $50, I think the last offer was $30.

$25 food/beverage also is $10 higher than before...

The "D" stands at 3 weeknights, $20/month in free play, and $25 food/beverage credit per month.

My wife hit a slot for $998 @ GG on our May trip downtown. What was supposed to be a "three hour tour" ended up with a full day lost in a sea of day drinking and gambling...

Two 21st Birthday Celebrations
    It Isn't A "Weekend in New England"...but it is a Barry Manilow Trip!!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

perfect!

NFL Divisional Round Weekend
    Indigenous Peoples Day Getaway
  12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't played there in several years, but my offers remain the same. 3 nights in both Sept & Oct. $15 in food for those months and $10 in match play divided up into 4 periods.

Anniversary trip
    Thanksgiving & doing some seeding at 4Q for the future.
  13. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great day, congrats!

• Like Like x 1