1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

looking for great Italian, for lunch.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ace-n-Lucille, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need an excellent Italian restaurant idea for lunch. Downtown or upper/middle strip. We may not make it there, but I don't have an Italian option on my list. :rolleyes: We adore good food and I don't want to squander my few Vegas days on mediocre restaurants.....but it has to be lunch because that fits our schedule and Ace resists my efforts to get him into evening-finer-dining-attire (Ace don't play those sartorial games.) :D

Hey, wanna critique my luncheon list?

Sunday arrival day: Pizza Rock. Non-negotiable, I am a pizza fanatic and want to eat at an award-winning pizza place.
    Monday: the only day we might be up and around for breakfast, so Eat downtown, my #1 choice, or DuPars 2nd choice downtown. If we have a big/excellent breakfast, we won't be eating lunch.
    Tuesday: Ace's choice of "independent gourmet-ish" - Carson Kitchen downtown; or seafood - Joe's Steaks and Stone Crabs Caesars Forum Shoppes; or fried chicken/southern - Yardbird Palazzo/Venetian; or Italian _________?. (Tuesday we won't make it south of Caesars, Wednesday we will make it at least as far as the Bellagio.)
    Wednesday: Ace's choice of something from Tuesday's list that we didn't go to. So (casual but excellent) Italian around the Caesars/Bellagio/Cromwell corner (and as far as the Cosmo) is in play.
    Thursday: not finer dining I know, but haven't fed the man a buffet yet so thinking MSS buffet (we're staying there) before heading to airport. The dining room photos look beautiful.

Nights will be drunchies wherever, hopefully at MSS/Cal 'cause I plan on those meals ending up comped.

So. Italian suggestions? And what do you think of my dining plans?

2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Uncle Vito isn't seeing anyone right now. He is 5'10", slightly chunky, but a ball of energy. He is...

Oh, sorry, Lucille! Misread your thread title there. Thought we'd finally found a match for Uncle Vito!

Your plans look good to me! Best of luck dealing with Ace!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. lvasap

lvasap Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Otto at the Venetian.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. rgrif57

rgrif57 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trattoria in the Grand Canal Shopping mall is a pretty neat place and opened for lunch. There are a few places in the Forums Shops like Carmines and of course Spago's. Too many great choices in Vegas but for a treat Spago's would be my choice........Rick

7. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm headed now to research Grand Canal Shops restaurants.....

8. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my. Has anyone been to Il Mulino at the Caesars Forum Shops? It's the one Italian menu in all my research that truly excites me (with prices that truly terrify me :D). But research says it's business casual dress - I fear that even just at lunch we won't fit in wearing our old-people sneakers and such. Anyone know? Thanks!

9. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only have been to il Mulino for dinner. Relatively formal for LV. Great food and service.

I would probably lean towards Spago on the patio.

10. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mr. jones. I suspected from their website that it would be a bit too formal for us. Ah well, we're gonna eat very finely I'm sure wherever we end up at.....

11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been doing that one off and on for decades! I did not even know they were open for lunch. It's very small. We've always gone early for dinner on a weeknight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.